List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Heartless...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Heartless...

Started by greeniz at 2010/09/03 07:07PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/04 09:13AM, Views: 499, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2010/09/03 07:07PM
    Heartless...
    greeniz

I am sure I am not going to be the only one thinking this...

Since the writers already were setting up the s/l to have Chris tell his family about his failing heart, why not have let that play out and then the donor be his own GRANDMOTHER? Wouldn't that have been a better match then Reid's? Nancy's death was sad enough and we all knew that had to be addressed. It just was NOT necessary to have another death as they tied up the ending of this beloved soap.

Reid had become a favorite character this past year and they had to know that. So as they were writing this out months ago, why choose to alienate your final loyal viewers by throwing in another "shocking" death. What purpose did it serve??

Please don't say it was for Nuke fans. They had Noah push Luke away while he was blind and pursue someone else during that time. What would that say about Luke and his love for Reid if he could end up with Noah one week after Reid's death? Doing that makes it seem like that entire relationship meant nothing and he was just biding his time waiting for Noah to come back to him. This is just a cruel twist to do to your loyal viewers. Totally unnecessary and puts a shadow over what should be wrapping things up on a happy note.

We all know Jack and Carly are going to remarry and that is supposed to be our cherry on top of the end of this soap. But that has all been tainted for me by killing off this wonderful character in the last 9 episodes.

A big BOO....HISSS...to the writers for being so heartless to Reid fans!

#2   2010/09/03 07:36PM
    Re: Heartless...
    soapsrfun

Well put. I don't understand the thinking either. Reid really grew on me and I came to appreciate his no nonsense style. Isn't me that doesn't get it or the writers?

#3   2010/09/03 10:12PM
    greeniz

I know. Eric is a wonderful actor. His rapport with John Dixon was so good too. He could have been a long lost son of his! That would have been a good storyline.

I was just hoping for a good happy ending for ATWT. It seemed odd when GL killed off Alan in the end while coupling up everyone else. That did not make sense to me either. I guess a part of me was hoping a cable network would pick it up and with Alan dead it would never be the same.

They needed to give us a tribute to Nancy. But they should have allowed the crusty tough Reid to have his happiness with Luke. Senseless to me.

#4   2010/09/04 07:00AM
    clicquot1

That was my first thought to but then I really thought it through and Nancy was a 91 or 94 I can't remember which and wouldn't her heart be in bad shape.....I'm not a doctor so I don't know the criteria that is used to make a good heart donor but like someone said IF gay people are not allowed to give blood(and I'm assuming only because of HIV even though anyone can get it)then they also would NOT be able to be a donor for ANY organs! it just doesn't make sense that tptb let one of the MOST exciting, dynamic, and brave characters to come onto this little soapy city DIE! That just shows me that the writing for this show IS the reason for them to be cancelled! After REID goes I'm DONE......I thought I could make it but NOPE!

#5   2010/09/04 09:13AM
    Dewlanna

I hadn't heard that Reid was gonna die.

(Please no spoilers...)

That said - NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... />
    I am SO angry at TPTB. So incredibly angry. They could have done a lovely, moving story with Chris getting Nancy's heart. But instead they sacrifice a popular character part of an even more popular couple to, what, make sure Luke and Noah are endgame?

I was completely shellshocked when I saw yesterday's show. Please please please don't let Reid die.

What a slap in the face to the fans. I am shocked, aghast and so incredibly disappointed.

I still can't believe it

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list