List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: As The World Turns Poll: A Brutal Turn Of Events

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

As The World Turns Poll: A Brutal Turn Of Events

Started by Barb G at 2010/09/03 04:58PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/05 12:54PM, Views: 925, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2010/09/03 04:58PM
    As The World Turns Poll: A Brutal Turn Of Events
    Barb G

This is the title of this week's AWTW poll. It reads:

"It was a hard week in Oakdale.

Not only did Nancy pass away, but Dr. Oliver suffered a fate usually reserved for women in silent film melodramas. Reid's demise will help save Chris, but is that a fair exchange or a price too high?"

My response:

A fair exchange?!?!? Are you kidding me? This was an unnecessary price too high...to see the demise of Reid so that Chris could live!!! What a helluva way to end what was once, and could have been again, a great soap opera!!!

Have you not see the ratings lately? There is a LOT of interest in this soap...and it's not because of the storylines that have been given to us, the viewers, lately. We've stayed loyal even though the storylines have been beyond bizarre!!! It's because we grew up with ATWT and remember all the people in Oakdale whom we've loved and/or hated for so many years. It's because it once was not afraid to delve into subjects that were taboo to other networks. It showed a slice of real Americana in it's diversity and characters. But that's gone now, and has been for a good, long while. Yet, we've stuck in there...hoping against hope that this show would not end but would be picked up by another entity who saw the true potential in good, compelling storytelling. However, sadly that hasn't happened.

So on the 17th of September the world will stop turning once and for all. What a truly sad end to the once great ATWT. Yes, the writers had a diamond in the rough to revamp and to develop new and even more interesting stories to tell. However, they dropped the ball and let this icon of the television industry spin out of control with erractic storylines, some boring to the point of tears, and even ridiculous, and yet others so compelling (i.e., Luke and Reid) were destroyed in one final cruel act. You've given your profession a black mark that will not soon be forgotten, nor forgiven!!!

Reid was the most exciting, interesting and complex character to come to Oakdale in a long time and brought a new breath of life to this show. And how do you, the writers, repay him? You killed him so that a character, who just happens to have the last name of Hughes, could live! What a travisty!!! Shame on you for taking the easy way out and sacrificing a gay man so that a straight man could live!!! Let's face it, because we're all adults here, and it needs to be said out loud! That's the real reason you killed Reid...

#2   2010/09/04 11:34AM
    Re: As The World Turns Poll: A Brutal Turn Of Events
    Earthmom

I think you are absolutely right, Barb.

The writers were lazy, unimaginative, insensitive, and short-sighted. They did an immense disservice to all of the writers that came before them, not to mention to the veiwers and castmembers. They should be ashamed of themselves and anyone who is lame enough to hire them in the future deserves everything they will surely get.

#3   2010/09/04 04:00PM
    Dominator2009

The writers took the easy way out. Everyone else get's a happy ending but Reid and Luke, give me a break. Chris does not deserve Reid's heart. I am so pissed we have to watch Katie and Chris have there happy ending and LuRe got ruined

#4   2010/09/04 05:36PM
    CarJackfan4ever

I was so shocked on Friday.As soon as I saw that train coming I knew they were going to kill Reid off so Chris could have his heart? Really? How come Luke and Noah had to wind up together instead of Reid and Luke? The writers couldn't find another heart for Chris without having to kill off Reid? I loved him from the moment he came on the show and was actually enjoying watching him and Luke together because Noah and Luke are B-O-R-I-N-G! Wow unbelievable and let's not forget that the whole show all week was about NuChris and Katie. Where was Carly and Jack? I loved seeing the veterans though but they still could have showed Carly and Jack.

#5   2010/09/05 05:43AM
    Barb G

According to the "spoilers" it looks like Reid dies on TUESDAY, not Thursday!!!!!!!!!

The show is only on 3 days this week and Noah is already comforting Luke on Wednesday, the same day Lily and Holden go to visit Reid's estranged Uncle Angus.

Chris is asking who's heart he has on Thursday so it looks like Tuesday is the day we sadly say good-bye to Reid...My heart is breaking all over again!!!

#6   2010/09/05 12:54PM
    dafyduc

The minute Reid said "I Love You" I broke down. Knowing what was coming I had my tissue ready, Biggest mistake in a soap in a long time. And what a stupid way to kill someone off. Would much rather have seen Reid and Luke live happily ever after. What chemistry those two have!!!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list