List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/09/03 04:45PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/06 05:13PM, Views: 1964, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/09/03 04:45PM
    ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!
    Buffyfan428

Okay, I read the spoilers. I knew it was going to happen, but I still wasn't prepared.

I cannot believe these hack writers are going to kill off Reid so he can save CHRIS and Nuke can be reunited. Reid and Luke will always have infinitely more chemistry than Luke and Noah. They were just better suited for one another.

GAH I am absolutely LIVID. If dumb Chris hadn't waited until he was dying to tell people about his condition none of this would be happening. He can die for all I care now.

Reid was the best thing this show had going for it these past few months, and I can't believe the writers are using him as a plot device to make sure Katie gets her happy ending and Luke winds back up with Noah and his plethora of issues. Why couldn't both couples end up happy and Luke and Noah be friends?

I know the show's ending soon, and I should enjoy the final moments, blah blah blah, but I really just can't believe this is what the writers have decided to do with such a great character.

#2   2010/09/03 05:01PM
    Re: ARE. YOU. KIDDING ME?!
    Barb G

Quote Buffyfan428: Okay, I read the spoilers. I knew it was going to happen, but I still wasn't prepared.

I cannot believe these hack writers are going to kill off Reid so he can save CHRIS and Nuke can be reunited. Reid and Luke will always have infinitely more chemistry than Luke and Noah. They were just better suited for one another.

GAH I am absolutely LIVID. If dumb Chris hadn't waited until he was dying to tell people about his condition none of this would be happening. He can die for all I care now.

Reid was the best thing this show had going for it these past few months, and I can't believe the writers are using him as a plot device to make sure Katie gets her happy ending and Luke winds back up with Noah and his plethora of issues. Why couldn't both couples end up happy and Luke and Noah be friends?

I know the show's ending soon, and I should enjoy the final moments, blah blah blah, but I really just can't believe this is what the writers have decided to do with such a great character.

I agree with you all the way!!! Well said, Buffy!

#3   2010/09/03 05:54PM
    kettlebell

I second Buffy - I liked Reid a lot - loved his attitude and great actor

#4   2010/09/03 08:50PM
    Eursell

I'am also disgusted that the writers are killing off Reid. Just when the Luke and Reid relationship was getting serious, they are going to end it. They had so many other choices. They could have used Nancy's heart, it would have made more sense since they are family the chances of being a match were more likely. It also would have made for a better ending for her. That would have been so special and a fantastic way to honor her. The family, cast and viewers lost a fantastic woman and it would have been wonderful for Chris to have gotten Nancy's heart. I loved the Luke and Reid story, they had wonderful chemistry and were so fun to watch. It would not have been a bad thing to just move Noah away to somewhere. That Nuke story was over a long time ago and needed to be left in the past. The writer's have done something very stupid. I have watched this soap for 18 years and this is one of the worst stories ever.

#5   2010/09/03 11:28PM
    Crabcaked

WHAT? These writers are killing me!!! I agree, my favorite sarcastic Dr. Reid getting killed? I'd rather see Chris croak than see this crap! My favorite actor on ATWT and this happens. I loved his sardonic attitude and refusal to succumb to his emotions like so many characters in daytime. Then as soon as he lets his guard down and tells Luke he loves him, he meets his demise by getting hit by a goddamn train...this is exactly why you don't utter those 3 formidable words!!! Bad things start to happen, and it's the kiss of death for most relationships, but in poor Reid's case his LIFE! Geez, I hate to see how this show's going to end, at least Henry and Barbara tied the knot cause I guess it's all downhill from now on...I don't think I can bare to watch another week!

#6   2010/09/04 09:25AM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Crabcaked: WHAT? These writers are killing me!!! I agree, my favorite sarcastic Dr. Reid getting killed? I'd rather see Chris croak than see this crap! My favorite actor on ATWT and this happens. I loved his sardonic attitude and refusal to succumb to his emotions like so many characters in daytime. Then as soon as he lets his guard down and tells Luke he loves him, he meets his demise by getting hit by a goddamn train...this is exactly why you don't utter those 3 formidable words!!! Bad things start to happen, and it's the kiss of death for most relationships, but in poor Reid's case his LIFE! Geez, I hate to see how this show's going to end, at least Henry and Barbara tied the knot cause I guess it's all downhill from now on...I don't think I can bare to watch another week!

Round of applause for you Eursell and Crabcaked!

For me Luke and Noah were over when Mason came into the picture. For some it was over long before that, but I hung in there for them. After Noah's accident and his utterly heartless and nasty behavior towards Luke, he has no right to feel like he has ownership or possession of Luke, especially over Reid. I wanted to kick him in the kidney the other day when he said Reid "stole his boyfriend". Noah had dropped Luke and started seeing other people LONG before Luke and Reid became an item.

I just think the magic Luke and Noah had at the start of their relationship fizzled out more and more with each s/l. The writers gave them too many obstacles to the point of prompting the viewers to think, why should they stay together?

I'm just so sad the writers couldn't see (and obviously didn't pay attention to what viewers/fans were saying, because I've been hearing a majority of fans saying they prefer Reid to Noah) what a great thing they had with Reid and his relationship with Luke.

I feel terrible for saying this, but I'm glad the show is ending. Killing Reid was, for me, the pinnacle of a large number of writing blunders/horrors in the past few years, and I hope these writers never find work beyond children's shows and PBS programs. They've slowly but surely been sucking the life and magic out of what was once a great soap opera.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2010/09/04 09:27AM
    #7   2010/09/04 11:00AM
    Dewlanna

To me, making Reid the sacrificial lamb for Chris (bleh!) and Nuke (double BLEH!) is the dumbest thing ATWT has done.

Thanks for leaving us with a bad taste in our mouths here at the end.

#8   2010/09/04 04:16PM
    Dominator2009

I agree, killing off Reid was an awful thing to do, just so that Katie and her man can live happy and Luke has to be sad.

I have heard thou that Nuke do not get back together, the shows ends with them apart, Noah goes to LA and Luke stays in Oakdale, at least that is something good

#9   2010/09/04 05:44PM
    CarJackfan4ever

I totally agree.Luke and Noah was so darn boring I fast fowarded through any scenes with them together but once Reid came on I was hooked on them.Luke brought out the good side in Reid and then they go and kill him off so NuChris can have his heart? I am sure they could have found another heart from someone else like Nancy or Reid could have played hero and brought that heart back from Bay City but instead we get to watch Luke and Noah ride off in the sunset together? Not quite the ending I was hoping for.Man I sure hope the writers get their crap together and make it all worth it because I have been a loyal fan for years and I hope I don't get disappointed again.I have stuck through their stupid storylines and newbie characters and what else have ya and then they go and do this.Now it makes me wondering if I am going to be disappointed with the rest of the characters.Its bad enough they are cancelling the show...

#10   2010/09/05 09:40AM
    pepes

AFTER ALL THE VIEWERS DEDICATED THE ONE HOUR A DAY TO THIS SOAPOPERA, AND CONSIDERING THAT IS A FANTASY, COULD THE WRITTER DECIDED TO END IT AS THE FOLLOWERS WANT?
    THE DEATH OR TRAGIC ACCIDENT FOR REID MAKES SOMEBODY HAPPY?
    I DON'T THINK THE DEATH OF THIS CHARACTER WAS DESIRE FOR EVEN ONE PERSON.

WHAT WAS THE IDEA OF BRINGING THE HOMOSEXUAL THEME IN THE SOAP?
    WAS IT TO SHOW THAT THEY DON'T DESERVED TO BE HAPPY?

I REALLY WOULD LIKE SOMEBODY DONATE A HEART TO THE WRITTER, HE REALLY NEEDS ONE.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list