List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Deeply Saddened

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Deeply Saddened

Started by BKLYN at 2010/08/31 07:16AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/04 03:58PM, Views: 1853, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/31 07:16AM
    Deeply Saddened
    BKLYN

As this soap comes to an end I am deeply saddened. I will truly miss this show and cannot believe that ATWT will no longer be on TV. What I do not understand is how in the world CBS would let two icon's in the Soap world go? GL and ATWT started it all.

#2   2010/08/31 11:36AM
    Re: Deeply Saddened
    Earthmom

Quote BKLYN: As this soap comes to an end I am deeply saddened. I will truly miss this show and cannot believe that ATWT will no longer be on TV. What I do not understand is how in the world CBS would let two icon's in the Soap world go? GL and ATWT started it all.

Answer: no conscience....no heart.

#3   2010/08/31 03:19PM
    ccookie

I used to listen to Guiding Light with my Grandmother and then watched it and ATWT on TV with my mom. I have watched it for 49 years and it breaks my heart to see it go. I love the flashbacks they are showing now. Nancy was the heart of the show for so long. Great times and memories of her in her kitchen and talking through all the problems everyone had. I miss Grandpa as he always could see through Lisa.

#4   2010/08/31 08:50PM
    meowbowow

Quote BKLYN: As this soap comes to an end I am deeply saddened. I will truly miss this show and cannot believe that ATWT will no longer be on TV. What I do not understand is how in the world CBS would let two icon's in the Soap world go? GL and ATWT started it all.

I'll miss it so much as I've been watching for 47 yrs!! It's really sad that Nancy started this show and now she's ending it. I'm crying as I'm typing this and watching where Casey remembers giving Gram back the ring. I cried the first time when I saw Chris and the old B&W scenes. Television will not be the same w/o it!! If I'm crying like this now, what will happen the last week of the show?

#5   2010/08/31 08:55PM
    meowbowow

Quote ccookie: I used to listen to Guiding Light with my Grandmother and then watched it and ATWT on TV with my mom. I have watched it for 49 years and it breaks my heart to see it go. I love the flashbacks they are showing now. Nancy was the heart of the show for so long. Great times and memories of her in her kitchen and talking through all the problems everyone had. I miss Grandpa as he always could see through Lisa.

Watching today's show killed me and got me to bawling my eyes out seeing Chris/Nancy. Their kitchen/apartment is where so many, many scenes took place!!

#6   2010/09/01 09:38AM
    nonniepat

Quote meowbowow:

I'll miss it so much as I've been watching for 47 yrs!! It's really sad that Nancy started this show and now she's ending it. I'm crying as I'm typing this and watching where Casey remembers giving Gram back the ring. I cried the first time when I saw Chris and the old B&W scenes. Television will not be the same w/o it!! If I'm crying like this now, what will happen the last week of the show?

Although I've not had the privilege to watch for 47 years I have been watching since 1978 as a student of my own grandmother of ATWT.

You couldn't have said it better meow. I cried through the whole show and it was like losing my grandmother all over again; especially seeing the B/W scenes with Chris and the Judge and a young Bob and Donald. I cried even harder as Chris and Katie sat on Nancy's couch going through her memory box and the retelling of the story of Bob's sister Susan who died as a teenager. I remember my grandmother telling me all of that from the very early days.

CBS did know what it had in ATWT or the loyal following of both ATWT and GL.

One day they may realize that stopping the world from turning and putting out the light were the biggest mistakes they've ever made. Just think of all the generations to come who will never know these show.

Deeply depressing is what it is.

#7   2010/09/02 03:32PM
    carjackfan4life

I couldn't agree more. Everyday I watch it and think to myself this can't be the end! I will miss all the characters so much! Maybe they can all move to Genoa City and be on Y& R as themselves. The town of Oakdale could disappeare somehow so all of favorites have to move to a new town. I know wishful thinking!

#8   2010/09/03 11:05AM
    Natalie

All good things must come to an end.... I guess..

#9   2010/09/03 11:16AM
    mpwifefl

[quote]Quote nonniepat: [quote]Quote meowbowow: [quote]Quote BKLYN: One day they may realize that stopping the world from turning and putting out the light were the biggest mistakes they've ever made. Just think of all the generations to come who will never know these show.

Deeply depressing is what it is.[/quote]

So beautifully stated!! I'm SICK over the "world" stopping. I'm almost 52 and remember watching ATWT the very day President Kennedy was shot. I remember discussing the show with my grandmother as it was her favorite as well as mine. After so many years, losing ATWT and GL is just like losing members of my very own family and I know there are SO many people that feel the exact same way. If Y&R gets cancelled, I will have NO reason at all for anything CBS offers. There's very little reason now.

#10   2010/09/03 01:43PM
    dolleyes

I agree with you 100%. Now I won't even need to turn on my TV until the 5pm new.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list