List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Saying "Goodbye".... to a beloved Friend

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Saying "Goodbye".... to a beloved Friend

Started by nonniepat at 2010/08/30 06:40AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/02 03:29PM, Views: 1376, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/30 06:40AM
    Saying "Goodbye".... to a beloved Friend
    nonniepat

How do you say goodbye to a dear, beloved Friend? That is the question we've all been asking ourselves these past few months and now the clock is ticking fast.

Today and tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to the Grand Lady of Oakdale and ATWT as we say goodbye to Nancy Hughes and have the opportunity to see perhaps rare clips of the great Helen Wagner playing our beloved Nancy.

And from the previews, on my cable box at least, it looks like that although last Friday we we're saying a Big Hello to the Great Dr. John Dixon by this Friday we will be saying another goodbye to the newest - best - character to come along in a long long time in the new Great Dr. Reid Oliver (the Doctor is great to me).

Then come the 13th we will be preparing to say Goodbye to the town of Oakdale forever and the characters we've known love and sometimes hated will be gone forever.

I know for myself it will be a very sad three weeks and I've taken a weeks vacation from work to spend the last five days with the Hughes, Stewarts, Ryans, Snyders, Walshes and Montgomerys and the new Colemans (did I forget a family?) Friends of mine since I was fourteen.

I know that Maura will be going to Y&R and there are rumors out there that Roger Howarth (Paul) maybe going to OLTO and if that's the case I will have something to take the place (Though nothing ever will) of the 2pm slot for my dvd recorder. I am hoping that in the coming weeks we will see more of our ATWT friends landing on other tv shows and maybe even movie roles.

How do you say goodbye to a beloved "Friend" for me it will be a box of kleenex and the last 4 months on tape that come October (I will need a little time to heal) I will start watching all over again. Oakdale you will be missed and thank you for being not only a long time Friend but a member of my family.

Oh and thanks James Steinbeck (Anthony)for giving us one last glimpse of the greatest villian ever in daytime!

#2   2010/08/30 07:09AM
    Re: Saying
    soapsrfun

Great Post! I was sad just reading it.

#3   2010/08/30 01:21PM
    calliope

Good post nonnie! I had a busy week last week and only saw one episode so I had an ATWT marathon this past weekend. I guess I could have read the recaps but it ain't the same!! With only 3 weeks left I couldn't let one episode go by unwatched.
    I hate the idea that Reid will die. I think that is a cop-out! They don't want to offend the Luke fans that have been so strong and loyal and I understand that. But those of us who adore Lure don't want to have to think Reid is dead. He could have just gone off into the sunset or joined Jeffrey who is endlessly crossing the globe in search of Edmund. Hard to know how all these friends should end up but I sure will miss them.

#4   2010/08/30 04:37PM
    Barb G

Quote nonniepat: How do you say goodbye to a dear, beloved Friend? That is the question we've all been asking ourselves these past few months and now the clock is ticking fast.

Today and tomorrow we will be saying goodbye to the Grand Lady of Oakdale and ATWT as we say goodbye to Nancy Hughes and have the opportunity to see perhaps rare clips of the great Helen Wagner playing our beloved Nancy.

And from the previews, on my cable box at least, it looks like that although last Friday we we're saying a Big Hello to the Great Dr. John Dixon by this Friday we will be saying another goodbye to the newest - best - character to come along in a long long time in the new Great Dr. Reid Oliver (the Doctor is great to me).

Then come the 13th we will be preparing to say Goodbye to the town of Oakdale forever and the characters we've known love and sometimes hated will be gone forever.

I know for myself it will be a very sad three weeks and I've taken a weeks vacation from work to spend the last five days with the Hughes, Stewarts, Ryans, Snyders, Walshes and Montgomerys and the new Colemans (did I forget a family?) Friends of mine since I was fourteen.

I know that Maura will be going to Y&R and there are rumors out there that Roger Howarth (Paul) maybe going to OLTO and if that's the case I will have something to take the place (Though nothing ever will) of the 2pm slot for my dvd recorder. I am hoping that in the coming weeks we will see more of our ATWT friends landing on other tv shows and maybe even movie roles.

How do you say goodbye to a beloved "Friend" for me it will be a box of kleenex and the last 4 months on tape that come October (I will need a little time to heal) I will start watching all over again. Oakdale you will be missed and thank you for being not only a long time Friend but a member of my family.

Oh and thanks James Steinbeck (Anthony)for giving us one last glimpse of the greatest villian ever in daytime!

That was beautiful Nonniepat!!! Couldn't have said it any better myself. I'm well stocked on Kleenex because, unfortunately, I know I'm going to be needing them these last 14 days...a lot!

And Calliope. I couldn't agree with you more! I loved your comment...it hit the nail right on the head. Luke and Reid deserved to live happily ever after in our minds. And I also don't want to remember Reid as being dead...that's just too much to bear.

I also will miss my extended family and friends that I have had the pleasure of knowing all of these years...and I'll miss all of you posters! It's been an honor and a pleasure to read your comments and I will miss you all...

#5   2010/08/30 06:24PM
    clicquot1

Quote calliope: Good post nonnie! I had a busy week last week and only saw one episode so I had an ATWT marathon this past weekend. I guess I could have read the recaps but it ain't the same!! With only 3 weeks left I couldn't let one episode go by unwatched.
    I hate the idea that Reid will die. I think that is a cop-out! They don't want to offend the Luke fans that have been so strong and loyal and I understand that. But those of us who adore Lure don't want to have to think Reid is dead. He could have just gone off into the sunset or joined Jeffrey who is endlessly crossing the globe in search of Edmund. Hard to know how all these friends should end up but I sure will miss them.

Or they could have even let him meet another doctor who is gay....since now he knows he is capable of having a relationship with someone.....I'm hating(and I don't like to use that word)that tptb are killing him off just to give Chris his heart! They could have given his fans something....why couldn't they have used NANCY's heart....I guess realistically the heart would have to be a younger heart! I still say this was a big, big mistake but then again everyone will soon be in soapy heaven, anyway!

#6   2010/08/30 06:25PM
    clicquot1

Quote nonniepat: How do you say goodbye to a dear, beloved Friend? That is the question we've all been asking ourselves these past few months and now the clock is ticking fast.

GREAT POST and thank you!

#7   2010/09/01 03:21PM
    sonny6

I am not sure which post I liked best. I do know that each one of these sound as if I wrote them myself. ATWT you will be missed by the biggest viewers of life. I wish everyone of you the best in life. And thank you for 45 years of my life viewing you. The people I work with have asked me why I took Sept 17th off. I answered because a huge part of my family are leaving me that day. I have tears in my eyes right now just thinking how sad we will all be that day. Just remember all you will not be alone. May god bless each and everyone of us cause its gonna be a rough one. PS WHY WOULD THE WRITERS KILL OFF REID. (WHAT WHERE THEY THINKING OF).

#8   2010/09/01 03:40PM
    dmdayslover

OMG I am crying just reading all these posts. I really am so upset that Reid will die, I just don't get it, I want Luke to be happy. I have watched this show it seems like forever. Since I was a child with my grandma's!! I wish some network would pick them up.
    It seems like it was just yesterday that they said it was ending now we only have a couple of weeks. I just don't like it.
    My daughter who is 5 watches everyday with me and says lately oh mommy don't cry it'll be okay and I am like no this very well could be the end of daytime tv as we know it.

#9   2010/09/01 11:34PM
    Tigress1761

I'm crying reading this too. Just thinking of this, and I really don't wanna face the end, is breaking my heart. Like everyone has stated, these ppl are a part of our family. We sit in our living rooms, and become a part of their lives, five days a week. We've watched babies born, broken hearts, marriages, divorces, how many ppl have been locked in the wine cellar at Fairwinds?, Al's Diner-how many meals have we shared with Henry, Jack, Craig, Janet, Dusty? How many ppl have gone swimming in the Snyder pond? How many of us have wished we could have gone swimming with them? I don't have a clear favorite character. I think of all of them with love and respect, well, maybe not nuLiberty, but for the most part, its going to be really hard not to switch my tv to CBS at 1 pm every day. But I refuse to watch what will replace my 'family'.

#10   2010/09/02 01:16PM
    VickyJo

Quote nonniepat: How do you say goodbye to a beloved "Friend" for me it will be a box of kleenex. Oakdale you will be missed and thank you for being not only a long time Friend but a member of my family.

Thank you for the great post, I cried through the whole post. I feel the exact same way.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list