List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Todays episode

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Todays episode

Started by fansince68 at 2010/08/27 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/29 12:24PM, Views: 1319, Replies: 15
    « 1 2 page:
    #11   2010/08/28 08:52AM
    Re: Todays episode
    fansince68

Quote Gencor: I have watched this show since I was a very little girl and I am about to turn 60 in a few weeks. Through out the years of romances and weddings and all of those forever love stories, I have to say that today I saw a glimpse, for the first time in a very long time, of that rich history. Barbara and Henry captured me early on and I have just loved the way they did this storyline. I cried, I laughed and I totally enjoyed the whole thing. The vows that Barbara spoke were so real and so touching and so authentic that I was just balling with the hankie the whole time. I thought back to her relationship with Hal because I think that he was truly the first man that she really ever loved and had substance with. James all but destroyed her and while she was self destructive through the years, she always remained true to Hal. When I saw her today with Henry, standing down her final demon and moving on to her new life with Henry I was just so moved by how they brought her character so full circle. It was done with class, with the fire and spark that is Barbara and it is a wonderful testament to her very complicated character. I loved her comments to Kim after the wedding and the mention of her mother, Jennifer after whom she named her daughter. I just can't say enough about this episode. It will always be one of my favorites and when you have watched this show through the years as I have and gone through Bob and Lisa and the Lowel's and all from that, Penny and Barbara and Susan and all of it, I love how they did Barbara the best. She was fabulous today and the whole episode was truly one of the reasons that I will miss this show so much.

You said it best! But I felt that Lisa should have been there

#12   2010/08/28 10:18AM
    Gencor

Quote fansince68:
    Quote Gencor: I have watched this show since I was a very little girl and I am about to turn 60 in a few weeks. Through out the years of romances and weddings and all of those forever love stories, I have to say that today I saw a glimpse, for the first time in a very long time, of that rich history. Barbara and Henry captured me early on and I have just loved the way they did this storyline. I cried, I laughed and I totally enjoyed the whole thing. The vows that Barbara spoke were so real and so touching and so authentic that I was just balling with the hankie the whole time. I thought back to her relationship with Hal because I think that he was truly the first man that she really ever loved and had substance with. James all but destroyed her and while she was self destructive through the years, she always remained true to Hal. When I saw her today with Henry, standing down her final demon and moving on to her new life with Henry I was just so moved by how they brought her character so full circle. It was done with class, with the fire and spark that is Barbara and it is a wonderful testament to her very complicated character. I loved her comments to Kim after the wedding and the mention of her mother, Jennifer after whom she named her daughter. I just can't say enough about this episode. It will always be one of my favorites and when you have watched this show through the years as I have and gone through Bob and Lisa and the Lowel's and all from that, Penny and Barbara and Susan and all of it, I love how they did Barbara the best. She was fabulous today and the whole episode was truly one of the reasons that I will miss this show so much.

I couldn't agree more. I missed her in this because she has always been such an intergral part of Barbara's life! I loved what they did with Lisa's party, but Barbara's marriage was fabulous! I have to say someting about this because I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't. I know that this show is coming to an end soon, but something in my life related to this brings back so many memories. When I was a very little girl, I would go and stay with my aunt and I remember that each Wednesday morning she would entertain her lady friends after they said the rosary with cake and coffee and they would gather round the television to watch this show and then afterwards they would discuss it. It was thier favorite daytime show and they actually designed thier get together around it each Wednesday. Well, needless to say that is how I got hooked on ATWT. I would love to watch it with her and her lady friends and looked forward to watching it at home so that I could be up to date when I was able to attend her Wednesday morning get together's. How interesting that I lost my precious aunt just last week, she was 96 years old and still, through the years she was always a devoted fan. The show is ending as well and somehow I feel that I am saying goodby to both of them and to memories of an era that I will never forget.

#13   2010/08/28 10:25AM
    uncgrad80

Glad to know I wasn't the only one crying. It was one of the best shows ever and to find out that Paul arranged the wedding made it even better. I see the storylines beginning to resolve and it makes me sad as I have watched this show off and on my entire life. In some ways, it is like saying goodbye to my mother and my grandmother all over again.

#14   2010/08/28 10:32AM
    Barb G

Quote Gencor:
    Quote fansince68:

I couldn't agree more. I missed her in this because she has always been such an intergral part of Barbara's life! I loved what they did with Lisa's party, but Barbara's marriage was fabulous! I have to say someting about this because I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't. I know that this show is coming to an end soon, but something in my life related to this brings back so many memories. When I was a very little girl, I would go and stay with my aunt and I remember that each Wednesday morning she would entertain her lady friends after they said the rosary with cake and coffee and they would gather round the television to watch this show and then afterwards they would discuss it. It was thier favorite daytime show and they actually designed thier get together around it each Wednesday. Well, needless to say that is how I got hooked on ATWT. I would love to watch it with her and her lady friends and looked forward to watching it at home so that I could be up to date when I was able to attend her Wednesday morning get together's. How interesting that I lost my precious aunt just last week, she was 96 years old and still, through the years she was always a devoted fan. The show is ending as well and somehow I feel that I am saying goodby to both of them and to memories of an era that I will never forget.

What a beautiful story and what happy memories for you to keep always! I'm so sorry about your Aunt's death. She sounds like a wonderful lady and, you know what? I bet she's still watching ATWT in heaven...

I started to watch when I was three years old with my Great Grandparents. I actually started when I was one but don't remember...wonder why? Anyways...they used to babysit me and every weekday after the local noon news we would watch ATWT and Search for Tomorrow. Only 15 minutes each back then. Remember? I'll be 56 in October and those memories are still fresh in my mind...and what wonderful memories they are! At least we'll always have those happy thoughts even after the "world" stops turning. Thanks again for sharing your beautiful story and have a wonderful weekend.

#15   2010/08/28 05:54PM
    Bede

I am also not quite 60 and remember watching the show at my grandmother's house as a little girl. I felt that the Henry/Barbara wedding was one of the most touching weddings I've ever seen on any show. I am having a hard time imagining the show being over.

#16   2010/08/29 12:24PM
    Extra1

I loved the wedding of Henry and Barbara...marrying against all odds. It was great seeing John Dixon again. Wow! He looks good..hasn't aged at all in all those years. He most likely will be the one to take Reid's heart, when Reid dies, and give it to Chris. Oh, how sad this part will be. Poor Reid, going himself to get a donor heart for Chris, and being killed by the train. I fell in love with Reid from the day he came on the show. Wow..he and Luke look good together. I hope Reid will get a job on one of the other soaps I watch. He has charisma, good looks, and is a splenda actor.

« 1 2 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list