List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Todays episode

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Todays episode

Started by fansince68 at 2010/08/27 11:58AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/29 12:24PM, Views: 1368, Replies: 15
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/27 11:58AM
    Todays episode
    fansince68

Today was one of my favorite episodes. I cried through most of it. I have come to love the Barbara and Henry story it is something else I am going to miss. Seeing everyone (no Lisa?) and the appearance of Johmn Dixon was just wonderful.

#2   2010/08/27 01:06PM
    Re: Todays episode
    Barb G

Quote fansince68: Today was one of my favorite episodes. I cried through most of it. I have come to love the Barbara and Henry story it is something else I am going to miss. Seeing everyone (no Lisa?) and the appearance of Johmn Dixon was just wonderful.

I also cried through the wedding...and the end with them dancing together was priceless! I think that the song should have been "I've Had the Time Of My Life" from Dirty Dancing because of the way there were dancing. Their moves reminded me of Johnny and Baby!!! But "More Than a Woman" does fit Babs...to a tee! What a wonderful lady she has been to watch all of these years!

I think I'll be crying a lot during the last 15 episodes of this great soap which will always be in my heart!

#3   2010/08/27 02:02PM
    sugar543_99

I also thought that Barbara's dress was very pretty and she looked radiant in it. I could only hope to look that great when I am her age. todays show was very good.

#4   2010/08/27 02:21PM
    soapsrfun

I thought I was the only one who cried through the episode today. It was truly a great pay-off for the Barbara/Henry story line. I looked up to see their true age difference and it is almost 20 years, but she looks great and was able to pull this story line off and make it believable.
    And seeing John Dixon again, Wow. I have missed him and hope he will be in several episodes.

#5   2010/08/27 03:31PM
    Lady53

John will be around for several eppis.

I think he will be the one to operate on Chris' heart.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/27 03:32PM
    #6   2010/08/27 04:24PM
    HOT PINK

Quote Lady53: John will be around for several eppis.

I think he will be the one to operate on Chris' heart.

From what I've heard, John and Lucinda may be getting together again as well.

I also loved today's episode. It was wonderful to see Barbara finally get her man. She and Henry are wonderful together.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/27 04:25PM
    #7   2010/08/27 04:26PM
    lona

This was the sweetest show! I cried and I watched it over and cried again. Barbara looked wonderful! John looked the same. Finally after all these weeks a show that made you feel good!

#8   2010/08/27 08:31PM
    Tigress1761

Count me in on the tears as well, I had to stop and laugh when the judge turned into James though. It was a very emotional episode. Love Henry and Barbara together, the dance at the end had me crying tears of happiness for the two of them.

#9   2010/08/27 08:50PM
    Gencor

I have watched this show since I was a very little girl and I am about to turn 60 in a few weeks. Through out the years of romances and weddings and all of those forever love stories, I have to say that today I saw a glimpse, for the first time in a very long time, of that rich history. Barbara and Henry captured me early on and I have just loved the way they did this storyline. I cried, I laughed and I totally enjoyed the whole thing. The vows that Barbara spoke were so real and so touching and so authentic that I was just balling with the hankie the whole time. I thought back to her relationship with Hal because I think that he was truly the first man that she really ever loved and had substance with. James all but destroyed her and while she was self destructive through the years, she always remained true to Hal. When I saw her today with Henry, standing down her final demon and moving on to her new life with Henry I was just so moved by how they brought her character so full circle. It was done with class, with the fire and spark that is Barbara and it is a wonderful testament to her very complicated character. I loved her comments to Kim after the wedding and the mention of her mother, Jennifer after whom she named her daughter. I just can't say enough about this episode. It will always be one of my favorites and when you have watched this show through the years as I have and gone through Bob and Lisa and the Lowel's and all from that, Penny and Barbara and Susan and all of it, I love how they did Barbara the best. She was fabulous today and the whole episode was truly one of the reasons that I will miss this show so much.

#10   2010/08/28 05:53AM
    lona

I also have watched this through so many couples. Betsy and Steve, Remember Duncan and Jessica? This show made me cry tears of happiness. In todays world we dont get that very often. That is what a soap should do, play with your emotions. Getting a thrill of seeing the next episode. This show did that very well. Today had to be one of my favorite all time episodes. I have always wanted Barbara with Henry. I want my own Henry! When she threw in the statement about her Cancer and the how the world would turn without her....Oh my gosh tears were streaming down my face. I watched it twice back to back. I dont think in all the times I have watched these soaps I ever watched one twice without moving. I was mesmerized.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list