List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Where will the actors go?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Where will the actors go?

Started by Bede at 2010/08/27 08:20AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/29 05:35AM, Views: 2656, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2010/08/27 08:20AM
    Where will the actors go?
    Bede

I saw that Maura West will be heading for Y&R and that Coleen Zenk will be doing theater. I also saw Kelly M-H in a Gogurt commercial. Does anyone know where some of the others are headed?

#2   2010/08/27 08:38AM
    Re: Where will the actors go?
    lovinthesoaps

I am sure other soaps will try to pick them up. CBS has had the best actors on daytime forever. Too bad that I think most soaps will be phased out within the next few years anyways. Sad but it looks that way. I love seeing some of my GL favs on Y&R and looking forward to Maura's "move" SHE is my absolute favorite daytime actress so the news is good, but I will definitely miss some of the others....

#3   2010/08/27 03:08PM
    Lady53

I know Roger Howarth(Paul) is going back to OLTL. Michael Park(Jack) is doing theater and has been doing Martha Burns' web series Gothom and I think I heard he is suppose to do a stint on Venice the Series, but sure about that one though.
    Wish I would hear more about Trent Dawson(Henry). I know he has been doing some theater again but haven't heard anymore since.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/27 03:09PM
    #4   2010/08/27 03:30PM
    Bede

Quote Lady53: I know Roger Howarth(Paul) is going back to OLTL. Michael Park(Jack) is doing theater and has been doing Martha Burns' web series Gothom and I think I heard he is suppose to do a stint on Venice the Series, but sure about that one though.
    Wish I would hear more about Trent Dawson(Henry). I know he has been doing some theater again but haven't heard anymore since.

I read somewhere that Michael Park does not want to go to California and will stay in the NY area where he is raising his family. I guess that would pretty much cut out traditional soap work since they are shot out there now. I am also interested in Trent Dawson. I think he is a very good actor and really funny. He kind of reminds me of Robert Montgomery in some of the early 1930s films with Norma Shearer (Oh boy am I dating myself!) Regardless, in this economy I feel sorry for all the people who are out of work because of the cancellation of ATWT. The new show will save CBS money but it is (yawn) yet another talk show that I will definitely not watch. With the exception of YR and BB, I don't watch CBS at all anymore.

#5   2010/08/27 04:52PM
    HAPPYCAMPER4442

We were moving so I did not get to read these postings for a few months. Did anyone say why another network did not pick up this soap. I just do not understand why in the world they would keep bold and beautiful on and not as the world turns.

#6   2010/08/27 06:36PM
    Bede

ATWT will be going off on Sept. 17. It has not been picked up. This is very sad for those of us who have watched it for many years. I also agree that Bold and Beautiful is not as good a show but I have heard that it is popular in Europe and therefore a money maker.

#7   2010/08/28 10:33AM
    uncgrad80

According to Trent's aunt, he will be playing a Southern preacher in an off-Broadway play opening in Oct. I can't remember off the top what she said the name of it is.

#8   2010/08/28 05:48PM
    Bede

Thanks for the info regarding Trent. I live in the NYC area so I will definitely look for Trent's play.

#9   2010/08/29 05:35AM
    gramie

Quote Bede:
    Quote Lady53: I know Roger Howarth(Paul) is going back to OLTL. Michael Park(Jack) is doing theater and has been doing Martha Burns' web series Gothom and I think I heard he is suppose to do a stint on Venice the Series, but sure about that one though.

I read somewhere that Michael Park does not want to go to California and will stay in the NY area where he is raising his family. I guess that would pretty much cut out traditional soap work since they are shot out there now. I am also interested in Trent Dawson. I think he is a very good actor and really funny. He kind of reminds me of Robert Montgomery in some of the early 1930s films with Norma Shearer (Oh boy am I dating myself!) Regardless, in this economy I feel sorry for all the people who are out of work because of the cancellation of ATWT. The new show will save CBS money but it is (yawn) yet another talk show that I will definitely not watch. With the exception of YR and BB, I don't watch CBS at all anymore.

I will not watch any show they put on in Atwt time slot just as I do will not watch any show they put on in G&L time slot but sadly a lot of people who promised to boycott CBS have not followed though with their promise and so we are losing another soap. I watch Y&R and B&B on another channel the only show CBS has that I am interested in now is the Good Wife. They have too many CSI's, game showes and it looks like they are going on the talk show bandwagan. CBS used to be the channel I could not do without but lately it's the last channel I turn to.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list