List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: What will replace ATWT.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What will replace ATWT.

Started by hello goodbye at 2010/08/24 02:07AM
    Latest post: 2010/09/15 07:11PM, Views: 3145, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/24 02:07AM
    What will replace ATWT.
    hello goodbye

CBS President Les Moonves' wife, Julie Chen, wanted a daytime talk show similar to The View. Julie fancies herself another Barbara Walters and hubby dearest wanted to help her. They couldn't cancel YR because it's the top soap ratings getter, and BB is only a half hour long, not enough for Julie. So ATWT was Les's sacrifice for his wife. She isn't satisfied with being one of a group on the Early Show, she knows Big Brother isn't all about her, so she needed something that would put her center ring.

I HEARD THAT A TALK SHOW LIKE THE VIEW IS GOING TO REPLACE AS THE WORLD TURNS THE HOST ARE SARA GILBERT, HOLLY ROBIONSON PEETE, SHARON OSBOURN, LEA REMENEY, AND SOME CBS CEO'S WIFE. I WILL NOT BE WATCHING THIS SHOW WHILE I LIKE ALL THEESE HOST EXCEPT THE CEO'S WIFE NEVER HEARD OF HER. AS A LOYAL FAN OF AS THE WORLD TURNS I WILL NOT WATCH I HOPE ALL FANS OF AS THE WORLD TURNS WILL DO THE SAME. CBS SHOULDN'T OF CANCELED THIS SHOW. THE SHOW BROUGHT HOME BEST ACTRESS, BEST ACTOR AND BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS AWARDS THIS YEAR THIS SHOW IS NOW THE LONGEST RUNNING SHOW ON TV, INSTEAD OF CANCELING THE SHOW CBS SHOULD BE PROUD OF THIS SOAP AND SUPPPORT IT. I WILL GIVE AS THE WORLD TURNS MY SUPPORT BY NOT WATCHING THIS NEW SHOW THAT TAKES THERE TIME SLOT.

#2   2010/08/24 09:41AM
    Re: What will replace ATWT.
    Lady53

She got Big Brother cuz she is the wifey. BigB was her brainchild supposedly.

Her show is going to be called The Talk, I think is what I heard.
    She just wanted something that would fit into her schedule now that she is a new mommy and get this the show is about mommies and babies/children. Give me a break. There is no reason to have an hour long show about babies/children and how to raise them. After the first season you've covered everything, it's not rocket science.

I will be starting to watch One Life To Live again, which I haven't watched since I was very very young.

Kim Zimmer is going to be on OLTL now and Jerry(Ross Marlar) is already there I hear so that is what my TIVO will be recoding after the 17th of September. Will be good to see what has happened to the Buchanans and everybody else in the town of Landview was it.

#3   2010/08/26 09:05AM
    marilynn

As far as I'm concerned nothing will replace ATWT. I have been watching since it started when I was very young. I would like to see the old black & white episodes aired again. a lot of other ones too.

#4   2010/08/29 11:32AM
    Nineaclock

I don't care what they put on in place of atwt, I will not watch it. I hope it gets caned the 1st week on. It doesnt matter to me, boycott it. Sorry I'm still in shock that they are canelling my soap, that I have watched for 54 years!

#5   2010/08/29 08:52PM
    PelphreyPosse

Isn't it wonderful to know that the world of nepotism is alive and well in our television world? Wifey wants something, cancel a soap, after all no one watches them anymore, right?

#6   2010/08/30 05:40AM
    gramie

I will not watch what ever they put in ATWT time slot just as I do not watch what ever is in G&L time slot. If CBS poor showing at the emmeys is any indication they are going down hill fast. The only show they have now is the Good Wife.

#7   2010/08/30 03:54PM
    pink kiity

i haven't seem any ads on TV for it yet and i wont be watching it or do i watch lets make a deal my TV goes off after as the world turns is over,

#8   2010/09/02 02:09PM
    filing clerk

Ditto!!!!!!

#9   2010/09/02 02:13PM
    filing clerk

I have watched ATWT and GL for 53 years and I am so sorry to see them go. I don't know what CBS is thinking. No matter what they put in it's place I will not be watching it. I hope that everyone does the same. Maybe CBS will rethink what they are doing and not cancel this show. A lot of us have grown old with these people. They are like family.

#10   2010/09/02 07:40PM
    pnchc

last year i read on soapcentral when CBS was canceling guilding light that procter&gamble want out of soap business. procter &gamble said the ratings were always good
    and qre with as the world turns. procter and gamble delibertly mase the ratings bad by giving the cast realy bad storylines that fans would not watch. they said they will make them so poor and bad that fans wont want to watch and make them turn to another chanel so they could cancel guilding light. now there doing the same with as the world turns and next year the B&B is next and then they will start makeing Y&R ratings bad next and CBS has gotten rid of all of there soasps. by 2012 Y&R should be gone. have you also notice that CBS is canceling as the world turns september/17 the same as guideing light?

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list