List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Getting Ready for the Paley Center's tribute

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Getting Ready for the Paley Center's tribute

Started by edgeofnight19561984 at 2010/08/18 09:55AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/18 10:17PM, Views: 511, Replies: 2
    page:
    #1   2010/08/18 09:55AM
    Getting Ready for the Paley Center's tribute
    edgeofnight1...

I'm all set and ready to go to this evening's Paley Center tribute to ATWT in NYC. I have a DVD to give to Don Hastings from the SECOND episode of 'The Edge of Night' on April 3, 1956. Both ATWT and EON had premiered the day before as the first two half-hour dramas. There is an even a plug for ATWT at the end of the episode. Don Hastings had just turned 22 years old two days earlier. Also in the cast is Mark Rydell...who went to Daytime Superstardom as Jeff Baker on ATWT and is now an Academy Award winning director.

This really is my swan song for soaps are concerned, because when ATWT is done, that will be it for me. I'm 3 weeks younger than both shows, and I can not imagine my life without my friends in Oakdale.

#2   2010/08/18 10:57AM
    Re: Getting Ready for the Paley Center's tribute
    calliope

I am green with envy. Have a blast and tell every single one of them you can that they will be missed every day!

#3   2010/08/18 10:17PM
    Re: Getting Ready for the Paley Center's tribute
    Tigress1761

I hope you had a great time, Edge. I too hate to see Oakdale go away forever. I still keep Springfield in my mind, that Alan is not dead, and Buzz is still cooking in his restaurant. So it will be too, Janet will still be waitressing at Al's, Jack will still be chasing after Craig, and Barbara and Henry will live happily ever after. Those are my hopes and dreams for those soaps, along with Another World, Santa Barbara, and Texas. I miss those soaps too.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list