List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: I would just love to slap so many characters silly

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I would just love to slap so many characters silly

Started by Buffyfan428 at 2010/08/17 02:54PM
    Latest post: 2010/08/19 01:37PM, Views: 593, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2010/08/17 02:54PM
    I would just love to slap so many characters silly
    Buffyfan428

First of all, every character involved in the Babs kidnapping s/l for not suspecting dirtbag Iris sooner. ESPECIALLY Will and Gwen. They're the dumbest of all and should have put two and two together the FIRST time they found Iris in Barbara's hotel room.

NuChris- I can't stand him, he is day by day killing the character for me. I could see why he'd want to hide his illness from his father so his chance at being Chief of Staff wouldn't be compromised (even though he only wants it because Bob wants to give it to Reid), but I really don't see his reason for lying to Katie. Does he really think Katie would ditch him when she found out he was sick? GMAB Now he's dragged Reid into his foolishness and is screwing up Reid's professional and personal life.

Katie- She really didn't do anything today, but I still want to slap her.

Reid- Well, I couldn't slap him-- maybe just a love tap for letting NuChris persuade him into this ruse of hiding his illness.

Luke- Why was he getting upset that Noah didn't want to "hug or kiss" him goodbye? HELLO! You're dating Reid and that would be MAJORLY inappropriate.

Noah- His revisionist history in which he always finds something to blame his problems on except himself. It's always his father, or Luke or his blindness or something, but Noah is never responsible for Noah. And he was way too eager to tell Luke about seeing Reid at the Lakeview.

And everyone involved in this Lucinda/Blackie nonsense. I stopped watching that horrible s/l weeks ago. Who cares about some con artist Janet used to play hopscotch with?

End of rant.

#2   2010/08/17 03:13PM
    Re: I would just love to slap so many characters silly
    Peteena

Yes, I'm with you on (almost) all of this.

My Current "Who Needs A Slap?" Ranking:

#1: Chris. I'm not impressed with the actor (he looks like he belongs in a Budweiser commercial) and the character's behavior is working my last nerve - no wonder he likes Katie, they are both idiots.

And speaking of Katie, she's #2 right now. I want to slap her every time she shows up, no matter what she does or doesn't do, because she is such a twit.

Tied for #3: Will and Gwen. Because they are gullible beyond belief

#4: Iris. She really should be higher, because she needs to have that smirk slapped right off her face, but in all conscience I couldn't move anyone else down after today's episode.

Tied for #5: Paul and Henry. Paul because he's been way too complacent through this whole thing, and Henry because he's too smart to be just figuring it out now.

I'd weigh in on the whole Reid vs. Noah: who needs a slap more question, but I just don't care that much. Maybe Luke needs a slap to wake him up, he could do better than either one of them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/17 03:13PM
    #3   2010/08/17 03:50PM
    lovinthesoaps

I agree with you ladies completely..........Katie needs a BIG slap for being Katie. The same whiny, self absorbed, righteous pain in the arse that she ever was. Man, I dislike this character.

#4   2010/08/17 04:06PM
    Tigress1761

But ladies, Katie is the sweetheart of the show! See what Chris Goutman said: '"She's the sweetheart of our show and she deserves a little happiness after all she's been through."

May I add, after all she's been through, THAT SHE BROUGHT UPON HERSELF EVERY SINGLE TIME, Chris Goutman needs a good slap as well for thinking Katie is some wonderful prize, I say bah humbug!

I actually am loving the kidnap storyline, but wish it was over last week already. The best parts of it have been where Henry tells Katie off, and I sit and cheer him on!

#5   2010/08/17 05:08PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote Tigress1761: But ladies, Katie is the sweetheart of the show! See what Chris Goutman said: '"She's the sweetheart of our show and she deserves a little happiness after all she's been through."

May I add, after all she's been through, THAT SHE BROUGHT UPON HERSELF EVERY SINGLE TIME, Chris Goutman needs a good slap as well for thinking Katie is some wonderful prize, I say bah humbug!

I actually am loving the kidnap storyline, but wish it was over last week already. The best parts of it have been where Henry tells Katie off, and I sit and cheer him on!

Don't even get me started on that Chris Gouutman interview...

I liked the kidnapping story when it started out, but they dragged it on WAY to long. It should have ended last week at the LATEST. Are we really to believe two people as scheming and conniving as Paul and Emily wouldn't catch on to Iris' actions sooner? And I agree Peteena, Henry is smarter than they're making him out to be! Even Will and Gwen can't be THAT blind.

#6   2010/08/18 03:39PM
    Peteena

Tigress 1761 and Buffyfan248: AMEN TO YOU BOTH!

#7   2010/08/19 11:29AM
    LGnTX

It's the inept writers of this show who need to be slapped silly. I have seen more believable story lines on the Saturday morning cartoons.

Love how Henry hugs Barbara after she hasn't taken a bath in weeks....and she still hates him. And NOBODY has tipped off the police that Iris WENT to the bank to clear out the bank account giving her time to get away (except for ordering another drink)! That little bit of information wasn't even brought up! More important that Barbaa fighting with Emily and Henry resume right away as soon as they are rescued, so I guess that fighting is most important to Barbara after all.

I will not miss this show after it is canceled. Only watch it now for comedic relief, kind of like World Wrestling Entertainment which has more believable characters.

#8   2010/08/19 01:37PM
    Buffyfan428

Quote LGnTX: It's the inept writers of this show who need to be slapped silly. I have seen more believable story lines on the Saturday morning cartoons.

Love how Henry hugs Barbara after she hasn't taken a bath in weeks....and she still hates him. And NOBODY has tipped off the police that Iris WENT to the bank to clear out the bank account giving her time to get away (except for ordering another drink)! That little bit of information wasn't even brought up! More important that Barbaa fighting with Emily and Henry resume right away as soon as they are rescued, so I guess that fighting is most important to Barbara after all.

I will not miss this show after it is canceled. Only watch it now for comedic relief, kind of like World Wrestling Entertainment which has more believable characters.

I get so upset because this show actually has some very talented actors, and they're being wasted on these horrid storylines.

I'm kind of glad this show is being cancelled, one, because why go on if it's not good anymore, and two, the actors have a chance to seek work elsewhere where their talents will be appreciated and put to good use.

SPOILER***************************************

And if this whole Reid dies and Chris gets his heart spoiler I've been hearing is true I will boycott CBS for the rest of my life.

Why does Reid have to die so effing Chris can live and Princess Katie can be happy? Of course the real reason is so precious NUKE can reunite. I'm sorry, but as a former die-hard NUKE fan, during Noah's scenes this week I found myself saying, "Ugh, I can't stand him." (The character, not the actor of course)

Reid brings a whole new dynamic to the show and Luke and those two have more chemistry than, I'm sorry to say, Van and Jake will ever have.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/19 01:38PM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list