List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: What is Your Favorite ATWT Moment?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What is Your Favorite ATWT Moment?

Started by abucko at 2010/08/05 04:15PM
    Latest post: 2010/08/12 07:50PM, Views: 450, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2010/08/05 04:15PM
    What is Your Favorite ATWT Moment?
    abucko

:D With the world beginning to show signs of slowing down, I've been thinking a lot about my favorite ATWT moment that I spent with my family. My grandmother was the one that got me interested in ATWT. I started watching in 2001 when I was about 7 years old. It was summertime, and school was out of session. At that time, ATWT was the only soap that mattered to me.

My favorite moment was when my grandmother and I were on vacation with my brother and cousins. We were eating lunch and had the T.V. tuned into ATWT. I distinctly remember the scene where Julia, the crazy one, had kidnapped Carly and taken her to 'Carly's prize.' During this fiasco, both ladies ended up fighting, and Carly fell in quicksand, only to be rescued by Jack. Grandma and I were glued to the T.V. while we ate our sandwiches.

This moment, while very simple, will always be printed in my mind as it represented what soaps are all about: enjoying them with family.

#2   2010/08/05 04:32PM
    Re: What is Your Favorite ATWT Moment?
    Peteena

Having watched since the mid-1960's, I can't even begin to come up with a favorite moment of all time, but the first one that came to my mind when I read the post title was when Paul was dumping Rose at the alter, only Will had already poisoned her and she keeled over and plotzed. The second moment that came to my mind was the first time that Paul shot James and (supposedly) killed him, way back when Paul and Emily were both very young and played by different actors. Weren't they on a helicopter or something, and Paul shot James and James conveniently fell into the ocean so that his body was never found? That was memorable!

#3   2010/08/05 07:44PM
    soapsrfun

I don't know if it is the most memorable moment but it is one I wish had turned out differently.
    I remember Gunnar taking off in a hot air balloon knowing that he would eventually come down and he would die and Barbara watching him leave. It's been so long ago that I have forgotten the details. But I always thought it was very said and that Barbara never got over Gunnar.

#4   2010/08/06 05:16AM
    nonniepat

I've watched since 1978 and my grandmother too introduced me to the show as it was her favorite and she never missed it.

There are so many moments it's hard to pin down but being a young teenager back then I guess the one moment that will forever be etched in my mind is Lucinda Walsh's stable boy jumping down from that hayloft scaring young Lily Walsh half to death and would later become the most important man and love of Lily Walsh's life. Young Holden Snyder is still one of my favorite characters though he's come a long long way from being Lucinda's stable boy.

#5   2010/08/12 07:50PM
    uncgrad80

I have watched most of my life so it's hard to pick one moment. But one of the best episodes ever was the one where Tad Channing was murdered. Edge of your seat the whole time and not a single reason to fast forward.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list