List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Why is Barbara incapable of escaping?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why is Barbara incapable of escaping?

Started by Jayro at 2010/08/05 02:26PM
    Latest post: 2010/08/14 04:31AM, Views: 1462, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/05 02:26PM
    Why is Barbara incapable of escaping?
    Jayro

I have been getting so frustrated watching Babs blow chance after chance of escaping from Iris. I mean, each time Iris visited Babs she could have tried to throw her against the wall to knock her out or something. Each time Iris left she should have tried to find a way to get out the door. Today was horrible! When I saw her with the pen I thought she would try to stab her or something to distract her & then run out, but no, she puts it in her purse. And even though she's right by the door when Iris walks out she just stands there! The worst was seeing her in the wine cellar at Fairwinds. Why wouldn't she have made some sort of noise or something when Emily walked in? Ugh. I'm getting so tired of this. I really hope this storyline ends soon.

#2   2010/08/05 04:41PM
    Re: Why is Barbara incapable of escaping?
    Peteena

You are so right! It's bad enough that they're dragging it on so long, but to insult the fans by having one of the smartest, most capable (not to mention most devious) women ever on daytime stand by like some weak little girl is killing me. She went up against JAMES STENBECK, for crying out loud, time after time and she always somehow came out on top. I don't believe for one minute that she couldn't handle Iris with one hand tied behind her back. Puh-leez.

#3   2010/08/06 05:09AM
    nonniepat

You are right. I was floored to see not only Barbara in Fairwinds winecellar (did I miss the scene where Iris moved her) and then Emily wallks in and is Talking to herself and Barbara doesn't even whimper or anything. What's up with that? I don't care if my daughter-in-law hates me if I'm being held by a mad woman, bond and gagged or not, I'm going make some noise, move around something even if I have to hurt myself to get her attention.

Come on guys please let's move this along a little faster. She's out of the warehouse at least for now but still a captive and now in her son's own home. Iris is one seriously demented woman and needs to found out SOON and stopped permanentely.

#4   2010/08/06 06:49AM
    mykki35

It is becoming a big yawn...zzzz lol

#5   2010/08/06 10:16PM
    greeniz

It is ridiculous. I just fast forward through those scenes now.

#6   2010/08/08 11:21AM
    effielee

:| I AM GETTING SICK OF THIS STORY LINE. WHY ARE THEY DRAGGING THIS OUT WHEN IT IS SO CLOSE TO THE SHOW LEAVING. IT IS THESE LONG BOREING STORY LINE'S THAT ARE TAKING SHOWS OFF THE AIR. I WANT TO SEE MORE OF HOLDEN AND LILY. I WANT THEM TO GET BACK TOGETHER. LET BARBARA GET OUT TO LOVE SICK HENRY.

#7   2010/08/09 03:50PM
    drucifer

They`re going to kill Barbara off.

#8   2010/08/09 05:00PM
    SamuraiJediS...

Quote drucifer: They`re going to kill Barbara off.

sorry to disappoint but NO..

spoiler coming up

barbara and henry get married

#9   2010/08/09 06:51PM
    Lookinatcha

i TOTALLY AGREE!!!! But, this seems to be a "malady" that affects most of the soaps; some story lines seems to be never ending. I am also a bit tired of "Henry" running around babbling about how he remembers all of the intimate things between him/Babs. Its run it's course - JUST GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!! PLEASE!!!

#10   2010/08/10 12:41PM
    LGnTX

This whole Barbara ordeal shows how ridiculous the writing has become on this show. Even a six year old would ask where Barbara got food and water for a couple of weeks now in captivity (and no rest room breaks?). I do chuckle that Emily is tied up next to someone who hasn't bathed nor changed clothes in weeks.

I moved over to ATWT following Roger Horwath from OLTL. I liked his evil Todd Manning reincarnating in Paul Ryan. I guess I will go back to Llanview....wish Horwath could,too.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list