List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Casting News: Maura West (Carly) joins Y&R!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Casting News: Maura West (Carly) joins Y&R!

Started by mateale121068 at 2010/08/05 10:13AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/17 03:56PM, Views: 2385, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/08/05 10:13AM
    Casting News: Maura West (Carly) joins Y&R!
    mateale121068

The apparent long-standing rumor that Maura West would be joining Y&R is now officially over. Maura West will indeed be joining the cast of Y&R as Diane Jenkins. She reports to work on September 1 and will first air on October 8!

Congrats to Maura and a definite congrats to Y&R for snagging this 2-time Emmy winner!

#2   2010/08/05 10:35AM
    Re: Casting News: Maura West (Carly) joins Y&R!
    Dewlanna

This is awesome news, being a Y&R fan also! Hopefully Maura will be the first of many to find homes on other soaps.

Y&R also snagged Marcy Rylan and Jeff Branson (yum yum!) from GL. They have excellent taste

#3   2010/08/05 12:08PM
    abucko

This will definitely "cushion the blow" of having to say farewell to ATWT. I cannot wait to see Maura West on Y&R. I stopped tuning into Y&R about a month ago because I thought many of the storylines were getting more and more stupid. But I will definitely start tuning in now. I think Diane will be a great character for Maura to play. We may get to see CarJack II.

Congratulations to Maura and Y&R for making a great decision.

#4   2010/08/05 12:18PM
    SandraJ

That's great news. Congrats to Maura.

#5   2010/08/06 10:08PM
    zzyzx

This is great news. Congrats to Y&R and to Maura. Diane Jenkins is a multi-dimensional character and will fit Maura like a glove. Diane shares a son with Jack Abbott and they will make a stunning couple. Jack's present love interest (EMily) just left the show yesterday, so it seems that they will reunite Jack and Diane. Expect some powerful scenes.

#6   2010/08/07 04:41AM
    nikkinak

Quote zzyzx: This is great news. Congrats to Y&R and to Maura. Diane Jenkins is a multi-dimensional character and will fit Maura like a glove. Diane shares a son with Jack Abbott and they will make a stunning couple. Jack's present love interest (EMily) just left the show yesterday, so it seems that they will reunite Jack and Diane. Expect some powerful scenes.

That will certainly set Phyllis off! Can't wait to see these two ladies interact! Wonder if they will have the SORAS with Summer and Diane's son (forget his name) to young teenagers and have them hook up since these two ladies don't get along. That could be interesting!

#7   2010/08/07 05:07PM
    smiley8338

Quote abucko: We may get to see CarJack II.

Oh no, MP and MW will be the only CarJack to me. I am too stubborn to think that she will have as much chemistry with any other man but MP. However I will follow her to this show. They are lucky to have her! I am happy that I still get to see her onscreen cause she is an amazing actress.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/08/07 05:09PM
    #8   2010/08/08 10:00PM
    BKLYN

Quote mateale121068: The apparent long-standing rumor that Maura West would be joining Y&R is now officially over. Maura West will indeed be joining the cast of Y&R as Diane Jenkins. She reports to work on September 1 and will first air on October 8!

Congrats to Maura and a definite congrats to Y&R for snagging this 2-time Emmy winner!

I love it finally MW will hopefully have a better SL than carjack which was a long dragged out bore. The writer's at Y&R are great they have some imagination which the writer's on this show lacked.

#9   2010/08/10 11:58AM
    iluvpurple

YIPPEE!!!! YAHOO!!!!YES, YES, YES!!!!

I was streaming and hollering when she won her 2nd Emmy and if I wasn't at work I'd be doing the same thing. Y & R is so smart to sign her. I can't wait. The VCR is going to hum again!!!!!! She will ROCK the show. Diane and Phyllis will have a battle royal over Jack.

#10   2010/08/12 07:46PM
    uncgrad80

Maura is a wonderful actress and I will watch her on Y & R. I have just one problem with this--Diane Jenkins is much older than Maura. Maura was a little girl when Diane's character was introduced on Y & R over 25 years ago. And the Y & R hair people have not been doing a good job lately. I just want her to shine. I agree, B & B would have been the better fit.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list