List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Who is your pick for...Surprise Couple of Oakdale?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who is your pick for...Surprise Couple of Oakdale?

Started by nonniepat at 2010/07/30 06:10AM
    Latest post: 2010/08/17 11:54AM, Views: 1772, Replies: 17
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2010/07/30 06:10AM
    Who is your pick for...Surprise Couple of Oakdale?
    nonniepat

As long time, even decades long, fans of ATWT we fans have seen couples get together, break-up and get back together in sometimes a rollacoaster ride of back forth. Some couples have been good ones, some not so good, some enduring and some we just wanted to end so they could go back to their previous partner and many more reasons........

Who is your Surprise Couple of Oakdale? (any coupling of the last 54 years is okay the couple doesn't have to be recent)

Mine is: Paul and Emily

From the moment Emily introduced the virgin Paul to sex they have been in each other's orbit (and Sept will tell) this time they may have finally grown up enough and know themselves and each other (the good and the bad) well enough to make a go of it for the long haul IMO (yes I know their history).

#2   2010/07/30 08:31AM
    Re: Who is your pick for...Surprise Couple of Oakdale?
    calliope

I thought Iva and Quint were odd.
    But honestly, being a looooongtime viewer, Henry and Babs are the biggest surprise to me.
    I am sure I have forgotten many couple along the way.

#3   2010/07/30 08:54AM
    nonniepat

I know what you mean about forgetting some along the way. There have been so many. I had forgotten myself about Iva and Quint, isn't he the one she married and moved to DC with? I too have been a long.......time fan and I have to cheat sometimes and pull out the 40th anniversary book I have on the show to jog my memory.

There is even a lot I've forgotten about P/E but I remember how it began and hope they make it to the end.

#4   2010/07/30 09:17AM
    calliope

Weren't Paul and Emily both dark haired young people? I think the actress was Emily something and I can't remember the actors name. He was very different looking that Roger though.

#5   2010/07/30 10:32AM
    nonniepat

Yes, they both had dark hair. I have their pictures in the 40th annivesary book but I don't think the names of the actors are there. I'm at work now but if I can find them I'll let you know.

The actor who played Paul was much younger than the actress who played Emily. So I guess that means that Emily is older than Paul but I can't remember how much with the way they age characters on soaps.

#6   2010/07/30 10:37AM
    soapsrfun

Just to clarify: Iva left town with some lawyer guy; I don't remember his name.
    Nola and Quint were on Guiding Light.

I liked John Dixon and Lisa together. I thought they were a hoot.

#7   2010/07/30 12:12PM
    calliope

Quote soapsrfun: Just to clarify: Iva left town with some lawyer guy; I don't remember his name.
    Nola and Quint were on Guiding Light.

I liked John Dixon and Lisa together. I thought they were a hoot.

Oh good grief, you are right! getting my characters and soaps mixed. Well, Nola and Quint were still odd!

#8   2010/07/30 12:14PM
    calliope

Nonnie, I do remember that the Emily character seemed older than Paul. She must have been because she was involved with James. Right? She was younger than James and a bit older than Paul.

#9   2010/07/30 12:25PM
    adriana8900

dusty and janet they have amazing chemistry together im happy the writers paired them together

#10   2010/07/30 02:44PM
    Peteena

Emily was, indeed, older than Paul when the two first got together - he was still a teenager and she had already been around the block a couple of times (at least!). They were an odd pairing in the first place, and certainly not a couple that I would ever have thought would get back together, let alone multiple times with a strong probability of being together at the end.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list