List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: REID SPOILER

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

REID SPOILER

Started by SageO at 2010/07/10 11:53PM
    Latest post: 2010/09/13 11:30PM, Views: 15602, Replies: 94
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:
    #1   2010/07/10 11:53PM
    REID SPOILER
    SageO

I just heard what happens to Reid and I'm so mad right now. I can't believe the writers are going to kill Reid.%( This is so horrible for the writers to do to such a good & interesting character and to have him die in Holden's arms and not let Luke see him one last time before he dies and Holden has to deliver the bad news to Luke. My heart is broken right now. This is so unfair. Why can't Luke and Reid just be happy in the end? Even if they want to put Luke with Noah again which is so stupid I don't see why they have to kill Reid. I should have known ATWT would ruin this story.

#2   2010/07/11 05:57AM
    Re: REID SPOILER
    fansince68

How horrible! Look, I like Noah and I thought Nuke was sweet BUT I loved Luke and Reid. It was adult. Luke seemed more together with him. Reid has grown on me and he is a gifted surgeon. I liked the idea that Memorial would have him and the new wing. This is cruel.

#3   2010/07/11 11:45AM
    iluvjanet

how is reid suppose to die?and i feel really bad for luke

#4   2010/07/11 06:08PM
    Kuraihi

If this comes to pass; I will be VERY VERY VERY UPSET!!!!!!!!!! Come on TPTB don't do this to my boy!!!!!!

#5   2010/07/12 07:27AM
    clicquot1

Quote SageO: I just heard what happens to Reid and I'm so mad right now. I can't believe the writers are going to kill Reid.%( This is so horrible for the writers to do to such a good & interesting character and to have him die in Holden's arms and not let Luke see him one last time before he dies and Holden has to deliver the bad news to Luke. My heart is broken right now. This is so unfair. Why can't Luke and Reid just be happy in the end? Even if they want to put Luke with Noah again which is so stupid I don't see why they have to kill Reid. I should have known ATWT would ruin this story.

NOW we KNOW "why" the show was cancelled! It is this inability to recognize just what they have in a couple that helped in their demise! This has got to be one of the hottest couples ever gay or straight and to kill off REID is a travesty! And then to not let a fan favorite such as MARTHA BRYNE come back to say goodbye to all of her fans is just not right! People watched MB grow up on this show and she was beloved(nothing against the fine actress who plays LILY now but just sayin)!

Thanks for the spoiler SAGEO but I'm hoping that your info is just a spumor and is incorrect!

Sorry.................end of rant!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2010/07/12 07:28AM
    #6   2010/07/12 11:02AM
    sammygirl1977

What is the spoiler and where did you read about it? There have been all kinds of rumours of Reid's demise but none of them have had any backup. Don't believe everything you read. Nuke fans are really upset about LuRe being the endgame and trying to sabotage our enjoyment.

#7   2010/07/12 12:46PM
    2kitties

Where did you read this spoiler?

#8   2010/07/13 03:47AM
    hello goodbye

Who cares, he is not an asset to the show. Why not make it interesting for us. Damion I am sure will kill him. Way to go writters, did something right for a change.

#9   2010/07/13 06:00AM
    nonniepat

I've read many blogs about this and at first I was extremely upset and a little angry that after building this character up as a new love interest for Luke and taking their slow time bringing this story around they could do this.

The spoilers I've seen don't exactly say they will kill off Reid or that he will die in Holden's arms and not see Luke again or that Holden will be the one to tell Luke he's dead. It's possible it could happen just like this I know. But I for one hope not. The Reid/Luke s/l is the best s/l on the show right now and to not give Luke a happy ending either with (I hope with) Reid or even Noah at this point would be too cruel. Luke will not have a happy ending if Reid dies no matter who the writers put with him at the end.

But the unfortunate (and I don't mean to be a downer here) part of all of this is that the story is written, the scenes taped and the show finished production. The sets are probably torn down by now too so whatever way the writers have ended this story line is the way it will be.

I'm a big follower of Luke and have wanted the Reid/Luke end pairing from the beginning. I don't dislike Noah just wanted Luke to be happy for once. Looks like that may or may not be possibly now. If they put Luke back with Noah, unless he's done some real changing, Luke will be back to be treated (in soap heaven) the same way by Noah he's always been treated. If Reid dies Luke will be heart broken and unhappy. Either way Luke I think will end up being the loser here. I hope I'm wrong as Luke is my favorite character and I will enjoy ever scene until the bitter end, no matter what that end maybe.

I just hope that the overall show will end with dignity that the show deserves and with a real credit given to the fact that this show has always been a ground breaking show in the controvesial story lines and major issues of the times and that the vets will be given the due they deserve for keeping this show alive for 54 years. I hope the writers leave Oakdale just the way they found it, a place of families and small town America that is just as cutting edge as the big cities. Don't know if I'll see this but I love this show too much not to want it to go out in style or stop watching it for a second of the time that is left.

Sorry my rant was so long.

#10   2010/07/13 04:51PM
    Seduction

Quote SageO: I just heard what happens to Reid and I'm so mad right now. I can't believe the writers are going to kill Reid.%( This is so horrible for the writers to do to such a good & interesting character and to have him die in Holden's arms and not let Luke see him one last time before he dies and Holden has to deliver the bad news to Luke. My heart is broken right now. This is so unfair. Why can't Luke and Reid just be happy in the end? Even if they want to put Luke with Noah again which is so stupid I don't see why they have to kill Reid. I should have known ATWT would ruin this story.

Sorry everyone, but this is true! I am friends on Facebook with one of the make-up artist for the show and they confirmed it some time ago. They talked about the scene and I asked if it was really Reid and they said yes!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list