List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

As the World Turns - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: As the World Turns Forum :: Kudos to Julianne Moore

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Kudos to Julianne Moore

Started by soapzealot70 at 2010/04/05 09:28PM
    Latest post: 2010/04/09 12:18PM, Views: 932, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2010/04/05 09:28PM
    Kudos to Julianne Moore!
    soapzealot70

Hi, just want to give kudos to Julianne Moore for her short-term reprise of the role of Frannie Hughes. I think it's great that she returned to her daytime roots for any period of time. Moore is a Hollywood megastar and seeing her pay homage to the medium in which she got her start shows her graciousness, humility, and appreciation. Were it not for the soaps, many of today's superstars would have remained unknown and would have never had their names become a household word. Yet, when they give the interviews about how they got their start and their often meteoric rise to fame, the fact that they appeared on a soap opera-for any length of time-is a fact that is too often conveniently ommitted.

ATWT is responsible for launching many successful careers: Meg Ryan, Steven Weber, Ellen Barkin, Marisa Tomei, just to name a few. I'm a longtime ATWT fan and recall how entertaining Julianne Moore's performances always were, especially when she tackled the dual role of twin Sabrina. Don't know if the World will completely stop turning in Sept., but if it does I can think of no better tribute than to have a native daughter turned A-lister return for a limited engagement. JMO. Way to go, Julianne!

Modified 3 times(s), last time at: 2010/04/05 09:31PM
    #2   2010/04/06 09:13AM
    Re: Kudos to Julianne Moore
    calliope

I agree. it was huge of her to do this. Especially when so many actors will never mention the genre that brought them fame because it is beneath them!

#3   2010/04/06 01:09PM
    nikkinak

I agree....it was wonderful to have Julianne Moore make her appearance. It was a very special moment on the show...very touching! It seemed like the others on the show felt it, too. Their facial expressions made a statement! I always loved her as Frannie. I sure don't remember Ellen Barkin being on the show. When was that?

#4   2010/04/06 10:30PM
    soapzealot70

Quote nikkinak: I agree....it was wonderful to have Julianne Moore make her appearance. It was a very special moment on the show...very touching! It seemed like the others on the show felt it, too. Their facial expressions made a statement! I always loved her as Frannie. I sure don't remember Ellen Barkin being on the show. When was that?

Hi Ninninak. I actually misspoke about Ellen Barkin. It was an actress that strongly resembled her, Mady Kaplan, and I was sure I'd heard some time in the past that she was once a part of the ATWT cast. Sorry about that. Don't know how long you've been a fan, but the s/l I was referring to was "Kim's Stalker". It actually launched on Bob and Kim's honeymoon cruise, (or since the writers have decided to re-write history with a stroke of their pen), what they thought was their honeymoon cruise. Go to youtube and put in "Doug Cummings" and "Kevin and Frannie" for some clips of a very riveting s/l back in the show's heyday in the mid-80s.

#5   2010/04/06 11:21PM
    pink kiity

i was glad to sees hers and hope there is more with hers on the soap,

#6   2010/04/07 08:39PM
    soapzealot70

Quote soapzealot70:
    Quote nikkinak: I agree....it was wonderful to have Julianne Moore make her appearance. It was a very special moment on the show...very touching! It seemed like the others on the show felt it, too. Their facial expressions made a statement! I always loved her as Frannie. I sure don't remember Ellen Barkin being on the show. When was that?

Hi Ninninak. I actually misspoke about Ellen Barkin. It was an actress that strongly resembled her, Mady Kaplan, and I was sure I'd heard some time in the past that she was once a part of the ATWT cast. Sorry about that. Don't know how long you've been a fan, but the s/l I was referring to was "Kim's Stalker". It actually launched on Bob and Kim's honeymoon cruise, (or since the writers have decided to re-write history with a stroke of their pen), what they thought was their honeymoon cruise. Go to youtube and put in "Doug Cummings" and "Kevin and Frannie" for some clips of a very riveting s/l back in the show's heyday in the mid-80s.

Hi Nikkinak. Just wanted to apologize for my typo on your screenname above. Sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain. Didn't realize what I had typed until I re-entered this thread today. Running a race with old age and winning...so far. Sorry.

#7   2010/04/09 12:18PM
    14ATWT

This is one of the classiest things I've ever seen a star do. She paid tribute to the actors who worked with her on ATWT and to all her fans. Quite the lady!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list