All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

AMC's Steady Cam Not So Steady!

Tuesday, August 15 2006

Example of a steady-cam. (ABC)
    All My Children are using a new production technique with their cameras. No doubt by now, the fans have emailed droves of complaints as well even leaving some feeling motion sickness when they watch.

The new technique was launched in sequence to ConFusion and Rihanna's appearance in July. They are using a handi-cam or a high quality steady-cam in order to move around the actors and the scene with much greater ease. The cameras are much easier to use and can get in a certain shot of a scene that traditional camera's could not.

While there's been some praise from the media regarding the new technique - the majority of the fans thus far are not in agreement. The producers intentions are to give All My Children more of a reality TV look and feel, they are still in discussions as to whether to continue the camera technique judging by the number of complaints they are receiving.

Either way, when they do use the technique, it does give a very different feel to the show and sometimes change is not always good.

Posted by Chrissi_Soaps.com at Monday, August 21 2006 06:09 PM

Nice report, Carey!

We're getting a TON of email regarding fans who absolutely hate this! I hope that someone puts up a petition to ask that they resume their regular camera work- and that the soap listens.

Chrissi

Posted by Lorimer at Monday, August 21 2006 07:56 PM

Hope the cameras change soon. I 'view' the program mostly with my eyes shut... it is terrible to watch... It was super when they were doing the opening of ConFusion, but on the regular show, it is terrible...Please go back to the 'old' way of using the cameras...
    Lorimer

Posted by anotherfan at Wednesday, August 23 2006 07:03 AM

I like the new way that amc is shooting the show. It seems more like I'm watching the show at the theatre.

Posted by kella at Wednesday, August 23 2006 08:27 PM

I so much liked the look of the show before the change.It makes the show look so cheezy and i love to watch the show but to be honest it turns me away from watching sometimes because of the look and can make u sick. please go back to the way it was or make some changes.

your fan, from texas

Posted by dkylou at Friday, August 25 2006 09:12 AM

I agree wholeheartedly. Please go back to the old camera format. This one is really awful. It does make you sick to your stomach. OLD IS BETTER in this case. It's very hard to watch the show now and I love AMC. Been watching it for years. I find myself listening and reading a book while it is on now cause the movement really bothers me.

Posted by Penney Lane at Friday, August 25 2006 04:38 PM

I also do not like the cameras. I really thought i was sick when i first seen AMC with new cameras. Please stop using them. The old way was way better.

Posted by shastaschaber at Monday, August 28 2006 12:25 AM

I have been watching Amc since i was 13 i am now 28, and i can't stand the way they have their cameras it makes me just listen to it and not watch, it causes me to get dizzy.. i hope they change back soon.

Posted by tangia at Monday, August 28 2006 10:39 AM

I absolutely HATE the new camera format; i've been watching AMC for 30 years and this format is simply AWFUL!!!! Please revert to the old camera format, PLEASE!!!!

Posted by BrettMom at Monday, August 28 2006 11:34 AM

I found this website while trying to find a way to complain about the new look. I've been watching AMC since it started (I was a preschooler eating lunch with mom while she watched it). I HATE the "new" look. I too thought it was a one time live feed. I hope that if the execs continue with this the viewers, like I will, will change the channel. I can't each lunch while watching anymore either.

Posted by brucefan at Monday, August 28 2006 06:09 PM

I think they are using this new technique to look like some primetime shows...."24" or "law and order" they just need to practice more.