All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

No farewell for Brooke

Saturday, December 16 2006

Julia Barr departs AMC after 30 years. (ABC)
    Fans might expect a big send-off for Julia Barr, who has spent three decades playing Erica's nemesis, Brooke English. Surprisingly, she'll be departing the show without fanfare.

According to Barr's most recent fan newsletter:

"I had assumed that I would have a final scene regarding my character�s departure � certainly with Tad or Jamie, or even a last jab at Erica. I think the fans would have liked the chance to say goodbye to Brooke and to have had some closure with the character many have known for 30 years. I know it is what I would have wanted. However, it was not the decision that was made for whatever reason.

So, I bid a fond farewell to you now. My time with All My Children was well spent... and, I am very happy to have spent it with all of you."

Julia's goodbye

All the best to Julia, from all of us at Soaps.com!

Posted by soaps4life at Friday, December 15 2006 10:53 AM

So since they are not giving her the farewell she so richly deserves, I wonder does this mean you will succomb to the serial killer?

Posted by happi at Friday, December 15 2006 03:10 PM

i can't believe julia's not having a big send off..which i think is terrible, it's bad enough she's leaving. what's wrong with AMC????

Posted by funnygirl26 at Friday, December 15 2006 03:54 PM

I really didnt like brooke she was kind of boring. So it's ok to me if she goes. I think that they should at least have some sort of story on why she's going and having people saying goodbye to her. She's been on a while she deserves it.

Posted by nataliekendallskyerock at Friday, December 15 2006 10:05 PM

am wondring if she will die now

Posted by bralady38 at Saturday, December 16 2006 03:43 AM

If she dosen't die, I wonder what her reason will be to leave. i hope she just doesn't go to the attic and stay there.

Posted by Spiderlegs425 at Saturday, December 16 2006 10:35 AM

Very sorry to see Brooke character leave the show, but what about Tad and Jamie, who will take her place in their storyline? Have watched this show since day one and it will not be the same without Brooke and Eric's cat fights. Good -bye Brooke you were a very good actress, and good luck in whatever you encounter.

Posted by msirt54 at Saturday, December 16 2006 12:03 PM

by not giving her a sendoff gives them the option to bring back the character if we demand it

Posted by lashanda111 at Saturday, December 16 2006 10:46 PM

I think that if brooke is leaving for good anyway, why not kill her off. She could go to fusion to check on jamie one night and interfere with the killer making plans to kill again and kills her instead. I think that would be very sad because I like her as a mom to Jamie and anyone else to some in contact with her, but thats better than letting her leave like nothing happen. 30 years is a lifetime and she needs to be remembered some way, even if it's being a victim of "the serial killer of the fusion women".

Posted by lashanda111 at Saturday, December 16 2006 10:53 PM

ITS ME AGAIN!, I ALSO THINK SHE IS THE MOST STABLE PERSON ON THE SHOW. IF SHE MEANT A GUY THAT WAS FINE BUT IF THEY BROKE UP SHE PICKED UP THE PIECES AND KEPT GOING, SHE WAS NOT ONE OF THOSE WOMEN ON ANY OTHER SOAP, THAT TRY TO HARM OR GET BACK AT THEM FOR LEAVING. SHE HAD A STEADY HOME AND A GREAT JOB SHE LOVED HER SON AND VERY CAREING. THATS A WONDERFULL INDEPENDANT WOMEN AND WITHOUT HER, WHO ELSE DO WE HAVE: ERICA( WHICH I LOVE) WHO DEPENDS ON ATTETION FROM A MAN, OR HER DAUGHTERS WHO TRY TO BE STRONG BUT THEIR NOT.SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE I LOOKED UP TO AND SHE WILL NOT REMEMBERED LIKE SHE SHOULD BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT A PASS AROUND OR A WEEPING CRY BABY!!??

Posted by mysonusmc83 at Sunday, December 17 2006 11:17 AM

farewell BROOKE.. Awsome job stickin' it to Erica Kane!! Althogh i thought you would end up with Jackson, you will be missed.