All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

All My Children Casting News!

Wednesday, March 11 2009

Thorsten Kaye (ABC)
    Hold on to your hats, fans, Soaps.com has some great casting news: one star is staying and a character from the past is returning!

First the actor staying: is Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater)! Rumors began flying around the Internet last week that Thorsten's contract talks had hit a stall and the actor might be on the outs. Now the actor has announced on his website that he'll be sticking around Pine Valley for a while longer! What, exactly, that means as far as a time table we aren't able to report, but for now the actor will be staying with All My Children. That is great news!

In other casting news, Adam Mayfield will be joining the cast as Scott Chandler!

Scott, as many fans will remember, is the adopted son of Stuart Chandler and the biological child of Cindy Parker, who died of AIDS in the 1980s. Several other actors have played the role including Daniel Cosgrove and Forbes March.

Adam's acting credits include stints on Primetime shows such as "The Hughleys", "Boston Public" and "Just Shoot Me". He has also appeared in films such as "Rushin'", to be released later this year, and "Corpse Run".

Soaps.com welcomes Adam to Pine Valley and we are excited to learn that Thorsten is staying with the show!

Posted by EBONY0628 at Wednesday, March 11 2009 01:46 PM

I am so happy that TK is staying and I hope the writers hurry up and repair Zendalls relationship....you can tell by the acting that they the actors arent buying this storyline

Posted by jumps at Wednesday, March 11 2009 01:56 PM

I prefer him as Patrick on OLTL. LOVE the actor, Zach, not so much.
    But, I guess I am glad he is on one of the 2 soaps I watch.

Posted by leeleelayla5 at Wednesday, March 11 2009 07:08 PM

I am glad TK is staying on amc he is such a great actor even when he was on oltl and pc. Now I wish forbe march was coming back as scott chandler. I only know forbe as scott I didn't know daniel played scott the only thing I seen daniel in was 90210 as matt kelly boyfriend

Posted by 4CSPOT at Wednesday, March 11 2009 08:11 PM

I was so excited when I heard TK/Zach would be staying, but after reading the spoilers I must say I am not as excited, because I was wishing that he and Reese would get together with all the chemistry they had going. Now it looks like Zach is going to be stupid and appear WEAK for Kendull and that really destroy the strength of the character Zach. .How could a character of so much strength stay with a woman that continues to sleep around on him, I am sorry but that is soooooooooooooooo weak. I am sooooooooooo sick of the whole ZENDULL THING!!

Posted by Karim at Thursday, March 12 2009 06:03 AM

I am very happy to hear that Thorsten Kaye is staying at AMC. Its the only one I watch and I enjoying seeing him and Kendall together. Right now their going through a rough patch like any marriage. I hope they survive it. It is soap land, you never know what happens.

Posted by jumps at Thursday, March 12 2009 06:46 AM

You ask how a man like Zach could stay with a woman who sleeps around. Well, I ask how could a woman like Kendall could stay with a man who has lied and kept HUGE secrets from her since day 1 of their marriage?

Posted by kbsd123 at Thursday, March 12 2009 07:19 AM

Hurray! I am relieved that TK is staying. I hope AMC pays him well. I agree let's repair the Zendall relationship. Their chemistry is great and when they are in a good place, it makes my whole day!

Posted by Lipizzan at Thursday, March 12 2009 09:46 AM

Thorsten is the greatest! His character is every woman's dream man. The way he portrays Zach's emotions is superb! When Zach hurts there is no mistake about it. Thorsten is my choice of actor to meet some day. He's a very special actor.
    JM

Posted by mrfraser at Thursday, March 12 2009 12:25 PM

I am glad that he is staying in PV...now, to see him keep his promise to Kendall...

I will not let anyone take my family!!!!!!!!! you go Zach

Posted by shake at Thursday, March 12 2009 04:02 PM

I KNOW ONE THING, I'M TIRED OF ZACK KISSING THAT BI#%& KENDALL'S A$$ !!!