All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Julia Barr leaving ALL MY CHILDREN!!

Wednesday, November 01 2006

Julia Barr - (AMC's Brooke English) to exit. (ABC)
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

After 30 years on the show, two-time Daytime Emmy winner Julia Barr is leaving All My Children when her contract expires in December. She chose to leave rather than accept the show's offer to remain as a recurring player.

In a statement, she said:"It has been a wonderful job for me on every level, and a great ensemble of actors with whom I had the pleasure to work. I am so proud to have been a part of a show that was once a television icon. I want the fans to know how much I truly appreciate all of their love, support, loyalty and enthusiasm over the years." There are a few things I am considering and a whole new chapter ahead, which I am looking forward to."

Soaps.com wishes Julia all the best in the future. She'll be missed by all of us here at Soaps.com!

We will post an update when we get word on a final airdate!

Posted by mrs.collier at Wednesday, November 01 2006 07:19 PM

I hate to see Brooke leave. So, how is Jamie going to take it when, his mother's leave the show? I mean, how is she going to go out of the show?

Posted by cottoncandy at Thursday, November 02 2006 06:00 AM

will she ever return in future?

Posted by nanasway at Thursday, November 02 2006 07:55 AM

Babe are her mother are just alike. But i feel sorry for Babe and her mother is old enough to know better. Babe art to tell on her mother like her mother told on her.
    JR and babe will be good together if everyone else will stay out of it. Babe just likes the attention from Josh, nothing else. Amamnda is a nut cake like her mother. I hope this baby thing with Dixie is ended and ofcorse when she knows for sure that little girl is hers she will never leave them alone, they art to kill the other mother off the show right now so Dixie and Ted can have her.
    Its all getting good.!!

Posted by Tricetop at Thursday, November 02 2006 04:47 PM

Julia Barr, thank you for sharing Brooke with us. It was an enlightening experience. Throughout the years, I noticed that our hairstyles would coincidently be very similar, and as an african american I considered that extraordinary and loved it. By the way, I gave my oldest daughter the middle name "Brooke" twenty one years ago. You will be missed.

Posted by forevergolden at Thursday, November 02 2006 07:21 PM

Julia, we will certainly miss you! No on has ever been able to stand up to Erica like you. Good luck to you.

Posted by nickandphyllisrock at Friday, November 10 2006 04:57 PM

What is wrong with these people? First, Edmund, now Julia Barr and David (I love Vincent Irrizary!), Terri Ivens and Connie Fletcher? Although once, Annie hooked up with Ryan, there wasn't much left for Erin to do. Does this mean that Jonathan is on his way out too? But I agree with the poster who asked when do we get rid of Colby? Barr and Irrizary and even Ivens are worth more than that little twit!!! If Irrizary does go to GL, I will definitely be watching more!

Posted by ohiofan at Friday, November 10 2006 08:52 PM

I am sorry to see Julia leave. I have watched her on the show since the first day she appeared on the show.
    It's hard to believe that it has been thirty years.
    Best wishes in her future endeanors.
    Your Ohiofan

Posted by Redbird at Wednesday, November 15 2006 07:15 PM

I hate to see Brooke leave. She was one of my favorites. Good luck to you

Posted by erionna1 at Wednesday, December 06 2006 08:58 AM

BROOKE I HATE TO SEE YOU LEAVE AND YOU WILL BE MISSED.

Posted by angelo at Thursday, October 04 2007 06:26 PM

I'd like to know when they are going to say something about Brooke no longer being in Pine Vally. So far and I watch the show faithfully, she never got to say goodbye or anything. Tad said something about her the other day, but still he didn't say she was gone? So I know that Julia left the show, but when are they going to inform us that Brooke is gone?