All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Ambyr Childers Leaves All My Children!

Monday, April 21 2008

Ambyr Childers (ABC.com)
    Get ready for another new face on the canvas of Pine Valley! Soaps.com has learned that after two years playing the role of Colby Chandler, Ambyr Childers is leaving the show!

The actress announced the move on her blog a few days ago.

On her official blog, Ambyr wrote, "Due to other opportunities that have come quickly into my life, I will no longer be playing Colby Chandler on All My Children. This decision took heartfelt consideration and after weighing my options as an actress, the decision seemed to become more apparent to move on within my career." You can read more about her decision on Ambyr's blog here.

Ambyr has played Colby since 2006 when the teen showed up in Pine Valley and promptly stole a car!

Colby kissed Frankie! (Soaps.com)
    In addition to playing Colby, Ambyr was featured in the film "Dickie Roberts: Child Star" and has appeared in several national commercial campaigns. She said on her blog that she was leaving the show to pursue other opportunities.

Rumor has it that Colby will be rapidly aged to that the writers can take advantage of the sparks between Colby and Frankie Hubbard. Colby, originally born in 1999, has had a crush on Frankie since their first meeting. However, Frankie, born in 1984, has seen Colby as a kid. By rapidly the aging the character of Colby, the writers can create a relationship filled with family drama because of their fathers (Adam Chandler and Jesse Hubbard).

What exactly will happen with the character of Colby and the rumored romance with Frankie Hubbard remains to be seen. As we say in soapland, nothing is official until you see it on-screen.

This will be the second rapid aging for Colby, who reappeared on the Pine Valley scene as a rebellious teenager in 2006. How Ambyr will leave the role and how Brianne will take over the role has not been announced.

Brianne Moncrief will take over the role. Brianne is best known for a short-term role on the HBO series "The Sopranos". Her first airdate is schedule for May 7, 2008.

Soaps.com wishes Ambyr the best of luck with her future endeavors and we welcome Brianne Moncrief to the show!

Posted by falconboy12 at Saturday, April 19 2008 03:46 PM

that's a shame cause colby just started growing on me, especially with the edition of frankie, hopefully they get a good recast.

eric

Posted by Tom Turkey at Sunday, April 20 2008 08:06 AM

Here we go again. I am NOT a fan of bringing in a new face when the old face leaves. I wish Ambyr many years of great happiness and success, but, I wish that the writers had killed her off or sent her away for a few years. She could have come back and continued her character if they had sent her to school in another country, but, now we have a new actress to play her and it will be ages before I warm up to her and not think of the old Colby. I am sure that Brianne is great....I don't know her or her name, but, it is NEVER the same when the original character leaves. They could have killed Colby off when she was on the plane with Frankie, that would have been believeable. What do you think???

Posted by Carlytrueblue at Tuesday, April 22 2008 04:07 AM

The best thing about this Colby is, if you remember, she looks just like the child Colby. I will miss her, but wish her well.

Posted by Carlytrueblue at Tuesday, April 22 2008 04:14 AM

I'm glad they didn't kill her, but they could have sent her to take care of her mother, Liza. She could have been gone about six months. When they brought her back, a older Colby would be believed much better.

Posted by jumps at Wednesday, April 23 2008 06:23 AM

IMHO, this has got to be the most idiotic recast in recent history. Do TIIC not recall that Frankie had a baby with Mia, Colby's Aunt? And I am sorry, there are NO romantic sparks with these characters. I do not care how good this new actress is, I do NOT like the way this is going and can tell I will hate the sl. OMG, they have tripled-aged Colby.
    Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
    Now, I wish Ambyr all the luck in the world. She has turned into a nice young actress.

Posted by amcfan22 at Saturday, April 26 2008 01:20 PM

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... I love Colby the way she is, the age she is! This is so annoying! And why would they rapid-age her? I don't want her with Frankie! And what about college? And who in the world is Brianne Moncrief?

Posted by Da Realness at Sunday, April 27 2008 08:28 AM

I'm going to miss her spunk. But I agree with the others about aging her? Wasn't it a couple of weeks ago when Frankie commented on her being 18? So in what, a month's time she goes from 18 to 27? DUH..Not the move.

Posted by Chocolate Guy at Sunday, April 27 2008 10:45 AM

Everyone needs to calm down and take a wait and see approach. You just never know how this will turn out. First I am wishing the best for Ambyr, perhaps we will see her on the BIG screen soon and as for the new girl, Brianne, I did some surfing on this site and came up with some info..turns out I saw her on guiding light when she guested and she was really good, showed the kind of "spunk" Colby has. Fans who watch the Guiding Light really liked Brianne and wanted more of her, hoping she would be back. Let's hope it is the same for us.
    Check it out.

www.soaps.com/guidinglight/news/1569/Guiding_Lights_New_Waitress

Posted by JensBlessed at Tuesday, April 29 2008 12:36 PM

I think your funny, LOL if they killed off every character that decided to leave the soaps and not replace them, than we wouldn't have any actors left. Change is hard but sometimes its really good too. You just have to be open and willing to give the replacement character a chance. It usually turns out better than not.

Posted by maanitugak at Friday, May 02 2008 11:33 AM

that sucks, i like colby, i hope they dont put another girl on like they did with babe, like doesnt even look like her one bit. the real babe should come back!

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: