All My Children - NEWS ROOM

In our 'All My Children' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Fans React To AMC's Greenlee Recast!

Monday, December 17 2007

Many fans are excited to see Rebecca! (ABC.com)
    When word broke last week that ABC decided to bring back fan-favorite Rebecca Budig as Greenlee, a firestorm erupted all over the Internet. From fans grateful that the original Greenlee would be returning to All My Children to fans who were incensed that Sabine Singh, who reprised the role earlier this year, had been let go from the show, we have heard a lot of rumblings.

Rebecca has been a fan-favorite since she originated the role of Greenlee in 1999. Here is what a few Soaps.com posters had to say.

Soapkid said, "I do like Rebecca better as Greenlee. If this happens I wish the best for Sabine ... she did outstanding. If Rebecca didn't come back I didn't have a problem with her (Sabine) being Greenlee."

Hungarian Princess said, "I think that is wicked awesome! I always loved Rebecca as Greenlee."

MRFrasier said, "I don't see Rebecca as Greenlee in the current storyline role, now if she was with Ryan, I can see that ... but with Aiden or Zach forget it."

Some fans don't want Sabine to leave! (Soaps.com)
    Born4AMC said, "I'm so excited!!"

Meanwhile when Sabine reprised the role earlier this year, many fans did not like the change. In the months since Sabine's first Greenlee appearance, however, she has won over many fans. Here is what a few of them had to say.

Mojo1974 said, "I really have enjoyed Sabine as Greenlee. She took VERY difficult material she was given and performed her heart out. I wish her great success, she will be missed!!!"

Cam1218 said, "I think she (Sabine) did the best she could do. Of course Rebecca IS Greenlee. So, it'll be nice."

Wishing I Was Sam said, "I am used to the new Greens and her being with Aidan. I don't want Rebecca (Budig) with Aidan."

Prepster said, "At first, I didn't really like the new Greenlee. But when they paired her with Aidan everything changed for me. I love those two together!!! It will be cool to see Rebecca back but breaking up Greenlee and Aidan is going to be devastating."

Though the rumors are that The Powers That Be at AMC felt that bringing Rebecca back would boost the shows sagging ratings, only those working for ABC know the real reasons for the change.

We here at Soaps.com would like to wish Sabine Singh the best in her career. We will miss her role in Pine Valley. At the same time, we welcome back Rebecca! Congratulations and good wishes to both of these amazing actresses!

Posted by cynical bill at Monday, December 17 2007 09:55 AM

It doesn't matter who is playing the role... if the writers cannot do a better job with the once-interesting character than neither Greenlees could pull it off.

Posted by firevega at Monday, December 17 2007 04:39 PM

"The real Greenlee is back on AMC" - HOW CRUEL IS THAT??? What they did to Sabine was just plain WRONG!!! Does AMC not have a heart anymore??? I'm sorry I love RB just as much as anyone but this is not right at all. She can't get anything anywhere else so she has to steal a role from another promising actress that I loved and adored as Greenlee. That charater will never be the same to me anymore. This is cruel. And because of it, no I don't welcome Budig with open arms, Sabine WAS sufficing as the recast!!!!!

Posted by yogibear at Monday, December 17 2007 05:33 PM

Sabine became greenlee. She is awesome and what a hutzpa ABC/AMC did. Sabine and Aidan paired as a couple is awesome and has been bringing in a lot of viewers back to AMC. This latest AMC debacle is not going to help the ratings at all! Sabine you are great as Greenlee - please know that!

Posted by SIERRA1004 at Tuesday, December 18 2007 10:41 AM

i am glad that the old greenlee is comin back, i didn't like the new one... it was boring with the new one.... maybe with the old greenlee, i'll enjoy watchin amc again.... well that and if kendrall grows up....

Posted by ILoveTodd-TSJ at Tuesday, December 18 2007 10:49 AM

I REALLY like Sabine Singh as Greenlee. I really do. I can now watch the scenes with Greenlee without clenching my teeth and wishing they would move to another story line.
    When Rebecca was/is her - Greenlee was my least favorite character. When she return she will again be my least favorite.

Sabine Singh is probably leaving because of all of the negative posts where people say 'I don't like her as Greenlee'...
    Rebecca will not and cannot raise rating.
    I should change my name to 'I Love Sabine as Greenlee'
    Because I do.
    She [Sabine] is beautiful and she is a great actor.

Posted by ILoveTodd-TSJ at Tuesday, December 18 2007 10:51 AM

♥ ♥ Sabine Singh ♥ ♥

I will miss you

Posted by dachocolateprincess at Tuesday, December 18 2007 12:41 PM

ABC should be ashamed of themselves. Have you seen the homepage, the "Real" greenlee is back? ABC is wrong, so wrong.

Posted by thatygg at Tuesday, December 18 2007 07:34 PM

yo sabine rocks and itll be sad to see her go but hey maybe they will cast her as a new character all together. but welcome back to rebecca and good luck to sabine becus she is a really great actress and she made the character her own n a way

Posted by GreenleeAidanfan1 at Tuesday, December 18 2007 08:21 PM

Sabine made me love Greenlee. Her pairing with Aiden Turner is what brought me back to AMC. I can't believe they treated her with such disrespect. I guess once she last airs I'll be tuning out. It's not like they'll be continuing the Aidan/Greenlee pairing once Rebecca returns. Besides, Rebecca never made me love Greenlee the way Sabine has. Good luck, Sabine. Good bye AMC.

Posted by angelo at Wednesday, December 19 2007 07:05 AM

It dosen't matter who plays the roll of Green Lee, I don't lke her, and never will. Although if she has to be on the show, I would rather have the old one back, because the other actress was not very good.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: