List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Started by outland at 2007/01/11 02:41PM
    Latest post: 2007/01/14 02:33PM, Views: 1134, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 page:
    #21   2007/01/12 09:12PM
    Re: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?
    pennywise

I'm so happy to know that I am watching a TV show with such kind hearted and enlightened people. How extraordinary that something so ordinary should bring people together. I don't embrace religion in a conventional way-no one tells me who can be in the grace of the universe because,we all are. That, was the connection that I felt to the Zarf character when he started seeing the auras of the people of PV. At that first exposure,I knew that I liked his zaniness,and an ability to empathize with others. He reached out to Jonathon when he was grieving over Erin. He almost always had something kindhearted to say initially about anyone with any good in them. That's the real travesty-if he's not the killer,what has he really done to provoke the intense fear and loathing of this crowd? If this inequity gets to your heart,perhaps it is because your world view is expansive enough to include the "them".

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/12 09:14PM
    #22   2007/01/14 11:30AM
    pgwriter

[/quote]

welcome to the board!! it's great on here!!!!![/quote]

Thank you! There seems to be a great group here!

#23   2007/01/14 11:59AM
    pgwriter

Quote pennywise: I'm so happy to know that I am watching a TV show with such kind hearted and enlightened people. How extraordinary that something so ordinary should bring people together. I don't embrace religion in a conventional way-no one tells me who can be in the grace of the universe because,we all are. That, was the connection that I felt to the Zarf character when he started seeing the auras of the people of PV. At that first exposure,I knew that I liked his zaniness,and an ability to empathize with others. He reached out to Jonathon when he was grieving over Erin. He almost always had something kindhearted to say initially about anyone with any good in them. That's the real travesty-if he's not the killer,what has he really done to provoke the intense fear and loathing of this crowd? If this inequity gets to your heart,perhaps it is because your world view is expansive enough to include the "them".

Bravo Pennywise! Well said! I felt the same thing about Zoe. Someone who struggles with that kind of pain and has that much compassion and kindness in their heart couldn't possibly be the killer. I'm betting Zoe turns out to be Zach's younger sibling. Zoe provokes intense fear and loathing because her mere presence holds up a mirror and those who look into it don't like what they see - so, they adopt a "kill the messenger" mindset.

Some of the folks here were disappointed in Bianca's behavior. I think the writers learned from the mistake they made when they cannonized Dixie. Bianca's character was headed in the same direction and this would leave no place for her role to go. I think this is why they "killed" Dixie and shipped Bianca off to France. When she returned, she wasn't so saintly anymore. They've given her a falible side that she'll have to struggle with. When they brought back Dixie from the grave, she wasn't saint Dixie anymore either. Her character now is far more interesting and unpredictable.

BTW, I don't embrace religion in a conventional way either. Organized religion is a business (big business) and has absolutely nothing to do with God. You're dead on when you say we're all in God's Grace.

#24   2007/01/14 12:02PM
    pgwriter

Quote Happy Thoughts: Hi Ladies, It's good to read the passion here, pgwriter and MOREORLESS you hit the nail on the head about teaching our younger generation about morals and decency and hopefully the writers of the show understand they are showing something very real here that needs to be handled with care or we will see it in real life and alot of innocent people will be damaged for life We can't just pass it of as "just a TY show"

Hello Happy Thoughts - what a GREAT screen name! I think the writers are making a conscious effort to handle this issue with care and they're doing a bang-up job IMO.

#25   2007/01/14 02:33PM
    pennywise

The Bianca character is all ready much more complex and accessible to me-because she shows some human frailty.Even good hearted people feel treatened and act out.Pehaps she lept to the conclusion that Zarf was manipulating her,instead of that he was reaching out,because she felt insecure. Misunderstandings are more apt to occur when our defenses are up. Finding one shread of backup to Zoe's story should (the bottle containing hormones?)open Bianca up to empathy with Zarf. Peace

« 1 2 3 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list