List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Started by outland at 2007/01/11 02:41PM
    Latest post: 2007/01/14 02:33PM, Views: 1107, Replies: 24
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2007/01/12 05:20AM
    Re: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?
    CHJS

I had the same thoughts, but could not write them so eloquently. Wouldn't it be great if Zarf and Zack are brothers. Poor Zach needs a real familiy and Zarf could certainly use someone that would stand up for him no matter what. Let's just hope the writers can see what we can.

#12   2007/01/12 06:14AM
    Patti D

Quote CHJS: I had the same thoughts, but could not write them so eloquently. Wouldn't it be great if Zarf and Zack are brothers. Poor Zach needs a real familiy and Zarf could certainly use someone that would stand up for him no matter what. Let's just hope the writers can see what we can.

First, welcome to all the newbie's on the board!! I hope that you enjoy yourselves here!!! I must say that I am impressed with your comments!!

#13   2007/01/12 08:52AM
    pennywise

Outland,thankyou for the kind words. I have never been moved to share my thoughts on a board before. I feel a very strong healing presence to this character of Zarf.Conflict and sexuality are always the mainstay of the soap world but,to show eleoquently the pain and sufering that a human soul can go thru...that's something more. I watched the Thursday show after I wrote-and was somewhat taken a back by Bianca's harsh tone. I think it gives her greater depth as a character not to always be so sweet.Perhaps it is to much of a cliche to expect that one member of a minority will protect another. Zarf even thaunted her about getting a demerit for it.She wears her heart on her sleeve so perhaps,her responce was derived from pain.I have faith that Babe's acceptence will eventually help Zarf. What about the talent it takes to make this character so intense,and exciting? Let's hear it for the boy! I'm excited to watch AMC again. Peace.

#14   2007/01/12 09:19AM
    Happy Thoughts

Good Morning Ladies,Thankyou outland for your kind words.I'll probably be on the board more frequently as I'm starting a new job next week and it is days so unless i figure out how to record on the new HD TV i'm going to be reling on you guys to keep me up to date I have and old VCR for the other TV just need some tapes,do they make them any more pennywise, I'm with you about Zarf hopefully we'll see him on the podium for the award in Daytime drama He and Bianca both wear thier hearts on their sleeves and unfortunatly that brings heartbreak,thankgoodness that Zoe has Zarf to protect her till she can become stronger

#15   2007/01/12 10:12AM
    pjones2005

Quote outland: Hi Happy Thoughts and Pennywise, I thank you for helping me hype the better view into this wonderful character. and yes Pennywise, he is soooooooooooooooo HOT!!! Because he portrays a real person with real issues, so like being new in the office and trusting the busybody. Everything you say will be turned against you if the rest of the gang isn't impressed. Oh, and how disappointing Bianca turned out to be. Truthfully, I feel that they should write Zach and Zarf a DNA tie inorder to give Zach some Family back. I think Zach would a wonderful big Brother / Father??? image for this poor lost soul (Zarf is lost in a world he can't trust). Only, they must learn that they are related. I would be happy to see that big welcome to my family no hard feelings handshake that then turns into a hug between the two. The unravelling their common stories as they begin to give each other Backgrounds, when they start enrich, raise and unite each other more than anyone imagined possible. Let them be have stress, giving the viewers a big reward --- namely, unlike the Lavery brothers, Zack and Zarf will teach us about their pasts, their simularities, their edges that they smoothe out under each others kept-to-theirself personalities... long lasting members of AMc like Stuart and Adam ... Oh, the story could grow and grow--- what a joyous day it would be, if the AMC-Writers would only think that far--- but they won't, for now they will continue to convict Zarf/Zoe as well as his counterpart Zach, for every crime in PV. Just like they always do.

You are right....AMC has always been built on generations, but with so many new people, not just Martins, Tylers, & Erica it is time to open new story lines, if the writers still want people watching 10 years from now I know this is just a message board, and we all are able to share & respect our & each others thoughts, but you would think that the writers/sponsors would like to know what we say, or how we feel about the story line, and the "playing out" of it.
    Your post was great....... Blessings, Pj in Ga

#16   2007/01/12 12:53PM
    pgwriter

>>First of all, I am angry about the Zoe-Bashing
    making him suffer the brutality of the shrewd and ignorant townspeople

I see your point and feel the writers are making the same point in an exaggerated way. Got your hackles up didn't it? Millions of women (and men) watch daytime television and I think the writers have done an excellent job addressing issues that have been swept under the rug for decades. Many transgenders suffer horribly inside and out - they're bashed not only by ignorant and close-minded people, but now openly and agressively by right-winged fundamentalists in the name of God. How repulsive it THAT!

George Carlin once made a similar point when he said, "Did you ever notice that people who drive faster than you are maniacs and people who drive slower than you are idiots"?

Our society rejects anyone who isn't like them - it's the nature of the beast (human). But we're all here to evolve into something better than we are - none of us are "better" than anyone else, but our behavior can be. I adore Zoe and I also think her character has a future on the show. I'll bet the writers and will address issues we haven't even heard of yet. I cheer them on!

>>On the other hand, how convenient, a bottle and a needle,

I'm betting the bottle and the needle are hormone related. This would account for Zoe's violent reaction when they showed it to her. Once they learn what's really in that bottle, Zoe's ridiculous (but clever) cover-up story to Bianca will fall apart.

>>I am disgusted, that young people are forced to endure such morals. There are people under 18 watching this show, I feel there is enough negatives in the News and in the world generally,

As well you should be disgusted - not by the addressing of this issue, but the lack of compassion and shallowness displayed by the "herd". Zoe isn't one of the herd - her only crime was being born differently. You can't fix anything till you understand what's broken. Dragging this issue into the light of day gives young people an opportunity to see things differently, do things differently and to think differently. Sheilding young people from the truth is like burning a book because you don't agree with the writer's view. The world has a place for everyone and we need to learn how to honor that. The first order of business is to open Pandora's box.

>>that when one dedicates an hour to free TV, one should have hope and good-will before the eyes.

I think you're going to see a lot of hope and good-will come out of this. I also think you'll see characters who said awful things to and about Zoe feel the sting of shame and remorse.

>>Thumbs-down AMC,

If you want to give AMC a thumbs-down, do it for putting their most glamourus character, Erica Kane, in fur coats every winter! Boo! Boo! Shame on Susan Lucci for agreeing to it! Fur is worn by beautiful animals and ugly people!

#17   2007/01/12 01:20PM
    Oops!
    pgwriter

*) Gosh... please accept my apologies. I should have read the other replies first - then I would have known the protocol here is to announce that you're a new comer before posting. Sorry guys...

Lemme start over: "HELLO" fellow AMC watchers! I've been watching AMC from childhood - my mom watched it. And I remember when it was in black and white and Erica Kane made her debut. She was 15 years old! Boy she was a handful for poor Mona! hehehe

P. S. My husband watches AMC and OLTL with me and often predicts the plots before I can! He gets bored (me too) with the looooooooog time it takes to get to the point and over-kills too. Says he could do a better job writing soaps than most of the writers. I have to admit, I've heard some of his ideas about where characters should go and how things should unfold and I'm impressed! I think he'd make a great soap writer!

#18   2007/01/12 01:31PM
    happi

Quote pgwriter: Gosh... please accept my apologies. I should have read the other replies first - then I would have known the protocol here is to announce that you're a new comer before posting. Sorry guys...

Lemme start over: "HELLO" fellow AMC watchers! I've been watching AMC from childhood - my mom watched it. And I remember when it was in black and white and Erica Kane made her debut. She was 15 years old! Boy she was a handful for poor Mona! hehehe

P. S. My husband watches AMC and OLTL with me and often predicts the plots before I can! He gets bored (me too) with the looooooooog time it takes to get to the point and over-kills too. Says he could do a better job writing soaps than most of the writers. I have to admit, I've heard some of his ideas about where characters should go and how things should unfold and I'm impressed! I think he'd make a great soap writer!

welcome to the board!! it's great on here!!!!!

#19   2007/01/12 03:16PM
    MoreOrLess

I am sick of the lynch mob. I completely agree with the original poster. It has me fuming. It is human to judge something out of the ordinary, or fear, or disregard. I wish a lot of the PV residents would stop forgetting another very real human trait called compassion. Or acceptance, or common decency. I know there is a SK out there, but they have no proof about Zarf/Zoe

#20   2007/01/12 06:45PM
    Happy Thoughts

Hi Ladies, It's good to read the passion here, pgwriter and MOREORLESS you hit the nail on the head about teaching our younger generation about morals and decency and hopefully the writers of the show understand they are showing something very real here that needs to be handled with care or we will see it in real life and alot of innocent people will be damaged for life We can't just pass it of as "just a TY show"

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list