List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?

Started by outland at 2007/01/11 02:41PM
    Latest post: 2007/01/14 02:33PM, Views: 1049, Replies: 24
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2007/01/11 02:41PM
    Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?
    outland

I do have something to say about the storyline. First of all, I am angry about the Zoe-Bashing that the writers are presenting us. On the one side, it shows just how easy it is to mob an incredibly out-of-the-ordinary person, from whom nobody really knows anything about. I feel that the writers had reached this goal by the discrimination that Aidan, Di, Bianca and Josh displayed against Zoë. I don’t think that it was necessary to continue this trend by making him suffer the brutality of the shrewd and ignorant townspeople and that Officer who doesn’t work for his title, rather bullies his way to forced confessions and achieves nothing but further misguidance. I am sure that justice is often run this way; I would like to see a fair process and a bit of intelligent investigation before one is just witch-hunted into oblivion. They are so busy beating up the HOMO, that the real killer is just having a ball terrorising the public. Super!
    On the other hand, how convenient, a bottle and a needle, people breaking in and going through private property in order to hang someone, because of their prejudice and malice toward that which they refuse to understand. I am disgusted, that young people are forced to endure such morals. There are people under 18 watching this show, I feel there is enough negatives in the News and in the world generally, that when one dedicates an hour to free TV, one should have hope and good-will before the eyes. Very nasty.
    As to Josh, checking Zarf out for Bianca… he is supposed to be so worldly, as a Doctor who had experience with Transgenders, he is very poorly trained. He should be competent enough to see that Zarf was extremely hurt and knew that he had no plus points be talking to him (Babe, stay away from him…), I wouldn’t open my heart to him either. When it’s anyone’s business what went on between Zoë and Bianca, then it was on Bianca to meet with him and nobody else (all of a sudden she’s forgotten about the telephone?). Now I suppose that we would have to excuse her, in that we say that it is all Kendall’s fault for poisoning her mind. I can’t; unfortunately, Bianca is portrayed to be a person who makes her own decisions on her own experiences with people and is not so controlled by what anyone else thinks. She doesn’t want to see the damage that she did and now wants to high-tail it out of this now embarrassing situation… dull! Josh is a psychopathic maniac who should be under lock and key. For all his experience, he is hot air!
    I am very disappointed with the plot the last days, why bring on the transgender thing and victimise him again and again. I thought we were supposed to be exposed to a social issue with which we should open our minds to things that are new to us. No, if Zarf isn’t automatically sick (serial killer???), then we will see how sick he becomes, because the writers don’t know where to go with the story. I should have expected this, I guess that Hope and Good-Will is something very individual and on this program, not to be expected. Thumbs-down AMC, again a brilliant idea--- thrown to the dogs…woof.

#2   2007/01/11 03:03PM
    Re: Aren't you sick of the Lynch-Mob?
    shay1447

this is the worst idea since they decide to make josh erica son

#3   2007/01/11 05:30PM
    pennywise

I see your point but,counter it with the sad recognition of human nature in our time. All of AMC's characters go thru a sinner/saint (or saint/sinner-Tad)conversion during their stint on the show.Zarf is a lightening rod for everyone's social phobia de jour. My hope is that the inevitable acquittal of Zarf will bring it home-that witch hunting is BAD. His (Zoe)character is in a pit of despair-he bates the Chief of Police because he thinks he deserves to be unlovable,even despised. The Killer story line is a great way to show-case knee jerk reactions to extreme duress.

#4   2007/01/11 05:58PM
    outland

oh Pennywise, you are good! I had to laugh so hard at the simplicity of the obvious, that it made me read your comment twice. I think that the topic is so highly sensitive, that one must try to deal with it with much more tact. Derek is in my opinion the worst cop I've seen in a long time. I have never seen him on the lerk, stake-out or make a plan to lure in the criminals. No just his bullying. I think that Zoe ist just giving him what he wants to hear because he sees him for an idiot. If he were to show fear, I think he would eventually break down and I believe this macho image of a bully is the last one in the world, Zarf will want to show this. He isn't trying to be mistreated, he knows that it doesn't matter what he does, he will be. After all, he did think he could trust someone special not too long ago and was devastated. So, it doesn't matter how it comes, it will come and he knows it. Takes it with melancholy and grace. IN MY OPINION!

#5   2007/01/11 06:16PM
    pennywise

Remember,the genre is a soap.This is a toe-in-the-water thing for day time viewers.Of course,the transgender character must be the precieved bad guy/gal.How sweet that he is sooo much more astute than the average hottie that gets introduced to PV(and boy,is he hot!.

#6   2007/01/11 06:19PM
    Happy Thoughts

Hi Guys New Girl here, Just wanted to know, do the writers ever read this stuff cause they should I love the show ,watching for over 30yrs and the two things I hate and bore me the most is the LOOOOOOOOONG WAITING FOR STORY LINES TO END and the OVER KILL on certain subjects lets just present the plot intro the suspects show some Real investigation, and get it over in one-two weeks at the mostI know that will keep my interest,I mean if the children can grow up fast why can't the plots end weekly

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2007/01/11 06:22PM
    #7   2007/01/11 06:41PM
    pennywise

Me too. I tape the shows to get to the good stuff,and past the boring(to me)stuff.Think how hard it must be to come up with anything to write about after all these years.Are we TIRED of hearing how beautiful Erica is? These characters are limited by how much they can grow and evolve,ie stay interesting.The plots grow silly,or stilted because so much has to keep happening to such a limited population of people. It's a wonder their kids don't have multiple congential defects from all the in breeding.We vote by watching-and caring about a character.That's why I hope that the Zarf character grows legs and stays awhile.

#8   2007/01/11 06:54PM
    Happy Thoughts

Zarf has to stay , he's the only one who can put a smile on my face and he feels so real. He could be related to Zack through Maddins experiments and the Killer is related to Maddin and getting revenge

#9   2007/01/11 07:55PM
    outland

Hi Happy Thoughts and Pennywise, I thank you for helping me hype the better view into this wonderful character. and yes Pennywise, he is soooooooooooooooo HOT!!! Because he portrays a real person with real issues, so like being new in the office and trusting the busybody. Everything you say will be turned against you if the rest of the gang isn't impressed. Oh, and how disappointing Bianca turned out to be. Truthfully, I feel that they should write Zach and Zarf a DNA tie inorder to give Zach some Family back. I think Zach would a wonderful big Brother / Father??? image for this poor lost soul (Zarf is lost in a world he can't trust). Only, they must learn that they are related. I would be happy to see that big welcome to my family no hard feelings handshake that then turns into a hug between the two. The unravelling their common stories as they begin to give each other Backgrounds, when they start enrich, raise and unite each other more than anyone imagined possible. Let them be have stress, giving the viewers a big reward --- namely, unlike the Lavery brothers, Zack and Zarf will teach us about their pasts, their simularities, their edges that they smoothe out under each others kept-to-theirself personalities... long lasting members of AMc like Stuart and Adam ... Oh, the story could grow and grow--- what a joyous day it would be, if the AMC-Writers would only think that far--- but they won't, for now they will continue to convict Zarf/Zoe as well as his counterpart Zach, for every crime in PV. Just like they always do.

#10   2007/01/12 04:53AM
    dgraham

Quote outland: Hi Happy Thoughts and Pennywise, I thank you for helping me hype the better view into this wonderful character. and yes Pennywise, he is soooooooooooooooo HOT!!! Because he portrays a real person with real issues, so like being new in the office and trusting the busybody. Everything you say will be turned against you if the rest of the gang isn't impressed. Oh, and how disappointing Bianca turned out to be. Truthfully, I feel that they should write Zach and Zarf a DNA tie inorder to give Zach some Family back. I think Zach would a wonderful big Brother / Father??? image for this poor lost soul (Zarf is lost in a world he can't trust). Only, they must learn that they are related. I would be happy to see that big welcome to my family no hard feelings handshake that then turns into a hug between the two. The unravelling their common stories as they begin to give each other Backgrounds, when they start enrich, raise and unite each other more than anyone imagined possible. Let them be have stress, giving the viewers a big reward --- namely, unlike the Lavery brothers, Zack and Zarf will teach us about their pasts, their simularities, their edges that they smoothe out under each others kept-to-theirself personalities... long lasting members of AMc like Stuart and Adam ... Oh, the story could grow and grow--- what a joyous day it would be, if the AMC-Writers would only think that far--- but they won't, for now they will continue to convict Zarf/Zoe as well as his counterpart Zach, for every crime in PV. Just like they always do.

Outland, Pennywise, Happythoughts, LOVED your comments on this subject! Very well written and thought out, please, keep posting, you are all very insightful

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list