List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Thank You All My Children

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thank You All My Children

Started by Rhonda_Sheer at 2006/12/28 03:33PM
    Latest post: 2006/12/28 03:33PM, Views: 430, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2006/12/28 03:33PM
    Thank You All My Children
    Rhonda_Sheer

Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

#2   2006/12/28 05:57PM
    Re: Thank You All My Children
    Patti D

Quote Rhonda_Sheer: Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

Rhonda_Sheer - Actually it's Zarf who is trangender on the show, not Zach. Welcome to the boards.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/12/28 05:58PM
    #3   2006/12/28 07:25PM
    Rhonda_Sheer

Quote Patti D:
    Quote Rhonda_Sheer: Words cannot express my gratitude for All My Children introducing a transgendered to the story line. I am a mtf transgendered and I happen to also be a lesbian. Many people tend to confuse gender identity with sexual orientation and I can attest to the fact that these are totally different and separate issues. I have always (since childhood) known that I was different and born in the wrong gender and it took me 45 years to finally come out of denial and to stop living a lie. Zach's dilemna truly hits home for me and I can appreciate what she portrays since I have and am still dealing with society's unfair treatment towards people like us. If only hate crimes could stop once and for all! Thank you for reading my comments!

Rhonda_Sheer - Actually it's Zarf who is trangender on the show, not Zach. Welcome to the boards.

#4   2006/12/28 07:27PM
    Rhonda_Sheer

Yes of course.... I stand corrected and it was nothing more than a mistype on my part. Thank you for that.... Hugs

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list