List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: The "All My Children" Poem

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The "All My Children" Poem

Started by AMC_Fan2008 at 2008/09/04 06:29AM
    Latest post: 2008/09/09 06:14PM, Views: 2132, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2008/09/04 06:29AM
    The "All My Children" Poem
    AMC_Fan2008

Here's a poem that was used in the beginning of almost every episode of All My Children:

"The Great and the Least,

The Rich and the Poor,

The Weak and the Strong,

In Sickness and in Health,

In Joy and Sorrow,

In Tragedy and Triumph,

You are ALL MY CHILDREN."

So does anyone know what does the poem really mean?

#2   2008/09/04 08:48AM
    Re: The
    HOT PINK

The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Agnes Nixon wrote the poem, which epitomizes the goal of AMC's storytelling.

#3   2008/09/04 10:13AM
    BellaMia

Quote HOT PINK: The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Too bad someone didn't notify all of the past writers from recent years about Agnes Nixon's goal for AMC's storytelling. They sure fell considerably short of her mark (goal), didn't they? I'm not sure WHAT AMC is supposed to be all about anymore other than death, lies, adultry and corruption. The whole "family" thing has been thrown completely out the window!

#4   2008/09/05 07:09AM
    HOT PINK

Quote BellaMia:
    Quote HOT PINK: The title of the show refers to the brotherhood of man. The show's creator Agnes Nixon believed that it didn't matter who people are, or what they looked like, or where they were from, because everone is a child of God.

Too bad someone didn't notify all of the past writers from recent years about Agnes Nixon's goal for AMC's storytelling. They sure fell considerably short of her mark (goal), didn't they? I'm not sure WHAT AMC is supposed to be all about anymore other than death, lies, adultry and corruption. The whole "family" thing has been thrown completely out the window!

You're right. And, unfortunately, it seems to be that way on a lot of the soaps these days.

#5   2008/09/09 06:14PM
    MissChef

Quote BellaMia:

How right you are. Seems like everybody's got a baby by somebody's ex-husband, cousin, brother, sister, etc. I mean, it's so freaking confusing.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/09/09 06:15PM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list