List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Goodbye, Brooke English!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Goodbye, Brooke English!

Started by ModJoy at 2006/12/20 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2006/12/29 12:25PM, Views: 1863, Replies: 16
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2006/12/20 10:30AM
    Goodbye, Brooke English!
    ModJoy

Julia Barr's final appearance is scheduled for tomorrow, Wednesday, Dec. 20. As reported, there will be no "farewell." Brooke English will simply disappear.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/12/20 03:17PM
    #2   2006/12/20 10:49AM
    Re: Goodbye, Brooke English!
    Patti D

Modjoy - Is she leaving for good, or will she be making apperances from time to time?

#3   2006/12/20 11:49AM
    kay-loves-amc

I can't believe it,after all,what about Jamie??She's just going to leave without any goodbyes to him?

#4   2006/12/20 12:01PM
    Patti D

It's really hard to believe that there will be no closure for the character. How can there be no good byes to Tad, Jamie, JR, etc... We're talking about a character who's been on for 30 years and has developed relationships with just about everyone in Pine Valley... This seems odd... I wonder if Julia Barr & AMC parted on friendly terms

#5   2006/12/20 03:19PM
    ModJoy

From what I've read, and Julia's posting on her own site, there seems to be some bad feelings on her side.

#6   2006/12/20 08:47PM
    Goodbye, Brooke English!
    pjones2005

%( There is no way Brooke would leave without saying goodbye.....they could write her off as going to run a new magazine....maybe take a trip around the world to get awat from all the mess.....anything.....heck even let the serial killer get her.....but not just leave without eveen a goodbye.......that is not the type of character she is..........I will miss her......she could always seem to "kill" 'em with kindness, while still being a B(^$@, but was a truly caring person..managed to keep Erica in her place all these years too, like nobody else could....I hope & pray they at least give her a decent sendoff.....she deserves it.....bad feelings or not, she has been a good character, and should be let go with grace. MERRY CHRISTMAS.....Pj

#7   2006/12/20 09:21PM
    ModJoy

I agree. No matter what possible disagreements there may be between Julia and the producers, I think such a long-term, integral character shouldn't simply "disappear."

I assume that they'll eventually says something to explain her absence.

#8   2006/12/21 05:46AM
    CHScott

hey, at least they're not killing her off like they're doing everyone else..lol...good luck to Ms Barr..she will be missed..I hope another soap has the sense to pick her up...I know llanview needs a good reporter at the Banner..

peace and happy holidays

cary

#9   2006/12/21 03:51PM
    dawnatlake

I can't believe ABC writers or its producers would let Julia Bars character just disappear??? This is the way you treat a veteran actor of 30years. Bull----! I am vey disappointed lately how you handle the exit of the characters/actors. There is no loyality. This may be the reason your ratings are sucking??
    Barr should of had better writing and maybe trying to move in on Jackson. His and Erica charaters are real boring.
    ABC you have alot of 30+ year viewers who like to see the veteran actors rolls be more engaging. Fire the writers???

JULIA BARR YOU WILL BE MISSED BY ALL YOUR LOYAL FANS! YOU ARE AN EXCELLEANT ACTOR AND DID YOUR BEST AT WHAT SCRIPT YOU WERE HANDED. WHAT A SHAME... abc YOU ARE MAKING ALOT OF MISTAKES AND THIS IS ANOTHER ONE??

#10   2006/12/21 05:25PM
    SugarP

I am sad to see Brooke leave. But let's face it people. She was useless on the show. There should have been a better departure for her, after all she has been on the show for about 30 years. I just hope Ms.Barr finds work on another soap and is useful. There are other useful people on the show. Such as Opal and Palmer. They should have left the show a long time ago before Brooke if you ask me.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list