List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: The powers-that-be from "All My Children" did what they had to do.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The powers-that-be from "All My Children" did what they had to do.

Started by Cassie Hicks at 2006/12/19 02:45PM
    Latest post: 2006/12/20 02:07PM, Views: 615, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2006/12/19 02:45PM
    The powers-that-be from "All My Children" did what they had to do.
    Cassie Hicks

I admit, I am sad to see Ms. Julia Barr go, but the powers-that-be did what they had to do:Make budget cuts for the vets to leave the show and make room for the newcomers.
    At least, they didn't release many of my favorite actors/actresses on "All My Children".

#2   2006/12/19 03:40PM
    Re: The powers-that-be from
    Chrissi

Well the one thing that I was surprised is that many people expected a huge sendoff. I don't think that the show is obligated to send anyone off, no matter how long they've been there... however nice it would be, it's just not always done.

She is a wonderful actress and will be missed. I'm sure she'll go onward and upward!!!

#3   2006/12/19 05:06PM
    kay-loves-amc

Quote Chrissi: Well the one thing that I was surprised is that many people expected a huge sendoff. I don't think that the show is obligated to send anyone off, no matter how long they've been there... however nice it would be, it's just not always done.

She is a wonderful actress and will be missed. I'm sure she'll go onward and upward!!!

I find it weird that there was no goodbye to her son Jamie,Whats up with that?

#4   2006/12/20 07:36AM
    Patti D

I think the only "real time" they do a "send off" (if you will) is when an actor dies. I think since Brooke may be back from time to time that's why she didn't have a send off.

#5   2006/12/20 12:47PM
    Chrissi

Yeah they sometimes leave out important people from certain occasions/celebrations... same on other shows. I've heard that they once they know the contract is up and she is not coming back, they don't have to give her much work. They don't 'have to use her', up until a certain date.

Let's hope she comes back for holidays at times. It would be 'something', but I don't think that's what she wanted. Wasn't she the one who didn't want to go recurring? Not sure.. with so many actresses leaving it's difficult to keep count!!

#6   2006/12/20 02:07PM
    Patti D

Quote Chrissi: Yeah they sometimes leave out important people from certain occasions/celebrations... same on other shows. I've heard that they once they know the contract is up and she is not coming back, they don't have to give her much work. They don't 'have to use her', up until a certain date.

Let's hope she comes back for holidays at times. It would be 'something', but I don't think that's what she wanted. Wasn't she the one who didn't want to go recurring? Not sure.. with so many actresses leaving it's difficult to keep count!!

Chrissi, I was sort of wondering (given the amount of years on the soap) if her departure was amicable?!!? What other reason would she have not to come back every now & again? Look at Dr. David Hayward, his character wasn't "killed off" but he did mention in an interview how unhappy he was with his storyline/character direction. Maybe the character will get re-casted?

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list