List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Thoughts on Erica Kane ????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Thoughts on Erica Kane ????

Started by PattiD at 2006/11/19 10:07AM
    Latest post: 2006/12/20 12:03PM, Views: 2123, Replies: 31
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2006/12/04 11:21PM
    Re: Thoughts on Erica Kane ????
    winston

~) Susan Lucci has always acted this way as Erica, I have watched her for 35 years. As much as I would like to give her her due, she has the same mannerisms on QVC and other movies she has done. She is just herself doing a script. There is a reason she has only won one time.

#22   2006/12/04 11:24PM
    winston

Susan is at least 59 years old. But she has stayed thin and has had some help from other than nature. She is still a very beautiful woman, if you think that 100lbs. soaking wet is hot.

#23   2006/12/06 09:45AM
    PattiD

Winston, I have to agree totally with you. I've se La Lucci off AMC like on QVC or infomercials, and she is what she is, an overage diva.

#24   2006/12/06 02:29PM
    UmusBKiddin

Quote bellajewels: Purple Princess you read my mind. My question is why aren't the writers giving her a good story like going through menapause. She's a grandmother of two and we all know that it's time for menopause. So why not show the great Erika Kane with all the hot flashes and mood swings and feeling like she's just not attractive to her husband anymore. I'd rather see that then see the show destroy yet another one of her marriages. No one believes Erika Kane will ever have a relationship that lasts forever but Jack was supposed to be this great love and they've barely been married over a year. Not such a great start on the rest of your life. I totally agree about the overacting. I don't think it's just recently. I've always thought it. I never understood what was so great about Susan Lucci. She's just not a great actress to me.

To all of you who have watched AMC for the last few years I truely understand the "Erica has hit her limit" with the over acting. The charactor is way tooooo skinny, almost boney, over acts to the point of just bad acting, and has the charactor of an overly-spoiled self indulgent child, In the last 30 years she hasn't grown as a "human being" one bit, so riddle me this....who hasn't had challanges to overcome with a childhood trama of one sort or another. PLEEEEZE. She has allowed her past to dictate her present. Stagnate like a pool covered in green slime. If the saying "your biography becomes your biology" is true, she should be a mess physically!!!!
    Is she looking to go into the record books for the most marriages. . Erica has an 8 by 10 glossy in the dictionary under "Narcisim"
    Actually I just logged in to see if there was a real reason that the charactor Simone might have left AMC so suddenly and decided to get this "Erica" thing off my chest. She has been getting on my last nerve for some time now to the point that I need to stop watching. I do believe it is the slowest moving soap on TV for story content. Aaahhhh......now I feel better.
    Now for the menapause thing.....it could be tremendously funny, heartwarming, honest, and for once "real." I say this as one who has met those midlife challanges with power surges, humor, and a re-invention of the self to become the best I can be on this part of the journey. Life is for living not wallowing in the past as Erica tends to do in EXCESS!!!

#25   2006/12/08 08:54PM
    happi

in one word ANNOYING!!!!!

#26   2006/12/12 08:08AM
    deezertbug

I also think she looks great for her age - But she is so done - Time for her to retire - Such a drama queen....

#27   2006/12/13 09:04AM
    Zachslady

What if Erica became pregnant with Jacks' baby? How would she handle a 'change of life pregnancy', it has been known to happen. What do you think. Maybe she could get it right this time and have a normal pregnacy without all the drama from the past births of her children. I guess that would make it dull.

#28   2006/12/13 09:14AM
    PattiD

OMG Not another Kane heir!!! Jack - 3 words, just say NO!!!

#29   2006/12/17 02:07PM
    kaylovesamc

I hate to say it because she is so great,BUT please someone tell her to wear more clothing she's to old and wrinkly to wear something that exposes her arms & neck!!Sorry I had to get that off my chest=)

#30   2006/12/20 10:04AM
    Patti D

Quote kaylovesamc: I hate to say it because she is so great,BUT please someone tell her to wear more clothing she's to old and wrinkly to wear something that exposes her arms & neck!!Sorry I had to get that off my chest=)

kaylovesamc, I agree. I wonder if she has any say in regards to her wardrobe?! Whomever picks what she wears should possibly think about giving her more "age appropriate" clothing. As petite as she is, she still looks stuffed into some of the clothes she wears!!!

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list