List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Volunteer Moderators?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Volunteer Moderators?

Started by Chrissi at 2006/11/03 10:14AM
    Latest post: 2007/01/13 04:33PM, Views: 581, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2006/11/03 10:14AM
    Volunteer Moderators?
    Chrissi

Soaps.com is seeking a few volunteer moderators for all of our message boards.

If you'd like to be a part of the Soaps.com team, please email me at the link, under my photo, or at http://soaps.com/contact/, and I'll discuss details with you!

Thanks!
    Chrissi

#2   2006/11/05 06:51AM
    Re: Volunteer Moderators?
    Chrissi

Details..

I'd like someone who can post a few threads, answer any questions that come up that I may not see, and have a good time on the board with games!

We want someone who realizes that there are a lot of opinions out there. We'd like you to allow everyone to have their own say, without judging them for it. You can edit member's posts in order to remind them of the guidelines and if needed, to delete specific things that do not follow the guidelines. You can't delete posts but if it's needed when someone gets really bad or spasm us, just let either me or Amy know. We'll take care of it. We don't like to delete posts often, and only do it when absolutely necessary. We like everyone to have their say. The writers, will still remain moderators but you may not see them much. Amy and I will be contact moderators for you, when you're in need. Amy is my assistant, in addition to being a writer on the site so you can contact either of us by clicking the contact us page, or by emailing us from the email addresses under our pictures. (She works on the Y&R and OLTL writing - Y&R changes hands as of Monday as I need to have more time on my hands for other Ed-in-Chief stuff!

Examples:

Posting in all caps: Edit their post, write something like, "Please do not use all caps in your posts, as it is hard on the eyes and against soaps.com guidelines"

Profanity/Racial slurs: Edit their post, remove the word(s), replace it with stars *** and in bold, write "Please follow guidelines - no profanity/racial slurs allowed! Thanks!" ((Last night we implemented a system that disallows a person to post profanity, by blocking specific words.))

Important: Please do not ever engage in arguments with other members. If someone is pushing your buttons - and you can't diffuse the situation, ask Amy or me for help. Sometimes it helps to have someone else take over!! Lastly, if any moderator is caught abusing their post in any capacity, we will remove mod status immediately.

#3   2006/11/14 06:57PM
    babygurl2

i sent a email, did u get it chrissi?

#4   2006/11/17 08:29AM
    Chrissi

Not sure. I have gotten a few.

#5   2006/11/18 09:09PM
    Chrissi

Please- no responses unless you have been a member of Soaps.com for a while. I need to 'know' you, in order to make you a moderator. (For the safety of the boards!)

#6   2006/11/22 07:32PM
    babygurl2

Quote Chrissi: Please- no responses unless you have been a member of Soaps.com for a while. I need to 'know' you, in order to make you a moderator. (For the safety of the boards!)
    how many months or years, may i ask?btw i resent u that email.

#7   2006/11/24 10:24PM
    AwesomeBlossom

Quote Chrissi: Soaps.com is seeking a few volunteer moderators for all of our message boards.

If you'd like to be a part of the Soaps.com team, please email me at the link, under my photo, or at http://soaps.com/contact/, and I'll discuss details with you!

Thanks!
    Chrissi

Chrissi, I would love to volunteer my time, I am very experienced,I as an AOl moderator for many years.
    I hope to hear from you,
    Blossom

#8   2007/01/13 04:33PM
    pennywise

Hi
    I just started using this or,any other message board last week. I'm curious about how they function. Your description sounded pretty respectful to the members.
    thanks pennywise

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list