List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Please!!! No rape baby repeat!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please!!! No rape baby repeat!!!

Started by soapfanaddict at 2013/07/17 06:56PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/23 01:51PM, Views: 660, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2013/07/17 06:56PM
    Please!!! No rape baby repeat!!!
    soapfanaddict

This is a new AMC, on a new network, with new writers.

Please, please, please, do not do another baby born from rape repeat plotline!!! Its been done twice already. It became almost as much a staple as the baby kidnapping and baby switching on the show.

At least Erica and Bianca knew their rapists, Cassandra doesn't know who fathered the child. If AMC wants to push its boundaries, it should have Cassandra abort the pregnancy. The show portrays fellatio, so abortion should be a walk in the park.

#2   2013/07/18 12:14AM
    Re: Please!!! No rape baby repeat!!!
    elijahsgotit

I agree and I love Angie but she's really gotta back off pushing for this pregnancy. I get that it's coming from a place of love but she's not the one that had to endure this traumatizing nightmare, Cassandra is. She's the one that was tortured by those disgusting monsters and she's the one that now has to find life after rape/sex slavery and how she chooses to do so is her call. I feel for everyone involved but it's about what Cassandra can live with and it's pretty clear that she can not handle this pregnancy. I think the story can be just as powerful without following through with the pregnancy and Cassandra is gonna have a hard enough time taking care of her own recovery without being responsible for another life on top of it. Jmho.

#3   2013/07/18 05:35AM
    taramartin

I know it is a pretend show but I am prolife - I'd like the baby to be put up for adoption - they could write in a miscarriage - that would cause some mixed emotions.I was sorry they went this predictable way again too but it makes for the most drama. I know a courageous woman who gave up a child of rape to a childless couple. The child is an unending joy to many.

#4   2013/07/18 05:36AM
    taramartin

I know it is a pretend show but I am prolife - I'd like the baby to be put up for adoption - they could write in a miscarriage - that would cause some mixed emotions.I was sorry they went this predictable way again too but it makes for the most drama. I know a courageous woman who gave up a child of rape to a childless couple. The child is an unending joy to many.

#5   2013/07/18 05:36AM
    taramartin

#6   2013/07/18 05:46AM
    taramartin

Sorry, my post went up twice, I tried to edit out the second and ended up creating a third.

#7   2013/07/23 01:24PM
    terriesingz

Yes, because babies that come out of these situations (a drug addicted human trafficing victim and a rapist with no known history) are always quickly adopted, the children never end up in poverty out on the streets with no family or worse.Yes, let's wrap it up in a neat little package tied with sunshine and lollipops, so we can all feel good about outselves.

Reality- I would like to see this played out as it would really happen. I would like her to go through with her choice, the pain and consesquences of the decision, and for us to see the conflict between Angie and her daughter. I also think that it's likely that this is how Bianca reveals what happened to her...somehow there wll be a connection.

The acting has been top-notch thus far. I really hope they broaden the character of Cassie.

#8   2013/07/23 01:51PM
    taramartin

Not sure I understand your post. Don't know about the human trafficking part but babies born of addicted mothers and rape are wanted by people wanting a baby. How would they end up on the street? You want Cass to go thru with her choice (abortion)and suffer the pain and consequences? Looks like that might be what's ahead.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list