List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: David has some nerve

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

David has some nerve

Started by jilltidwell at 2013/07/13 07:52PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/18 04:55PM, Views: 880, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/07/13 07:52PM
    David has some nerve
    jilltidwell

Who is David to think that he deserves a second chance but not JR?

#2   2013/07/13 09:07PM
    Re: David has some nerve
    elijahsgotit

Probably because David actually paid for his mistake, JR did not. He may have been in a coma but as soon as he came out of it, everyone just forgave him like it never even happened, some even treat JR as though he's the victim. I remember the outrage when Bianca had the nerve to be upset over her dead girlfriend. There may be a tiny glimmer here and there but for the most part JR has gotten a free pass where as David is still being crucified every day. That's the difference. JMHO.

#3   2013/07/15 03:23PM
    jilltidwell

Quote elijahsgotit: Probably because David actually paid for his mistake, JR did not. He may have been in a coma but as soon as he came out of it, everyone just forgave him like it never even happened, some even treat JR as though he's the victim. I remember the outrage when Bianca had the nerve to be upset over her dead girlfriend. There may be a tiny glimmer here and there but for the most part JR has gotten a free pass where as David is still being crucified every day. That's the difference. JMHO.

I just think that if David thinks he should be given a second chance he should do the same.

#4   2013/07/15 08:47PM
    elijahsgotit

I'm not saying JR shouldn't get a second chance but I see where David is coming from. He spent five years in prison for his crime and is verbally attacked by everyone in town, aside from Angie, on a daily basis where as JR has been held accountable for nothing. If David gets a second chance than yes, JR deserves one too but if JR is handed forgiveness like it's candy then David should be forgiven too. I just think it goes both ways. David may not want to give JR a second chance but on the flip side, the entire town doesn't want to give David a second chance so it's a bit hypocritical on both ends, Imho.

#5   2013/07/16 11:16AM
    flanndreams

I only just began watching today on OWN (forgot to do it yesterday). I hadn't watched AMC in a long time even before it went off the air, so I'm afraid I'm completely lost (though the flashback scene did help a bit). Okay, so Marissa, David's other daughter, was killed, and she was no longer with JR but was Bianca's gf? Why was Bianca talking as though AJ (if that's the kid's name) was Marissa's? Wasn't Babe the actual mother, or has she just been written out as if she never existed?

Also, just have to say, the acting in the teenage storylines is just AWFUL! That alone almost made me tune out. I hope these young actors get better as time goes on or else they might run the show to the ground. But really, it's the writers too; the dialogue for them is just dumb.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/07/16 11:17AM
    #6   2013/07/16 03:22PM
    taramartin

Am excited that OWN has brought another viewer to AMC - please give it a chance. Yes, Babe was AJ's Mother but she died and JR married Marissa - Babe's fraternal twin (played by 2 different actresses).Later Marissa fell in love with Bianca. JR shot a gun into the room on the final TV episode. As far as I know, the only one killed was David's daughter Marissa. Are they saying "sh*t" every other minute? They ended the cussing a few weeks ago. I have gotten used to the teens - a lot of newbies at once.

#7   2013/07/16 03:27PM
    elijahsgotit

Quote flanndreams: I only just began watching today on OWN (forgot to do it yesterday). I hadn't watched AMC in a long time even before it went off the air, so I'm afraid I'm completely lost (though the flashback scene did help a bit). Okay, so Marissa, David's other daughter, was killed, and she was no longer with JR but was Bianca's gf? Why was Bianca talking as though AJ (if that's the kid's name) was Marissa's? Wasn't Babe the actual mother, or has she just been written out as if she never existed?

Also, just have to say, the acting in the teenage storylines is just AWFUL! That alone almost made me tune out. I hope these young actors get better as time goes on or else they might run the show to the ground. But really, it's the writers too; the dialogue for them is just dumb.

Well Babe was always AJ's real and biological mother but when JR and Marissa married, she became AJ's step mom and loved him like he were her own. Then JR had an affair with Annie so Marissa divorced him and eventually fell in love with Bianca. Though, JR hated the idea and gave them a pretty hard time for it. By the time the show ended, JR had gone back to being his self destructive drunken self which led to Marissa being shot.

Hope that helped and didn't just confuse you more lol

#8   2013/07/17 10:21AM
    flanndreams

Thanks for explaining. I do remember that Babe died and JR later began falling for Marissa; the idea of JR moving on with her sister turned me off (plus I never liked the first Marissa). I think that was around the time when I lost interest and stopped watching.

It's just strange now to watch a still youthful Bianca have a teenage daughter who could pass off as her sister, but oh, well. LOL.

#9   2013/07/18 12:03AM
    elijahsgotit

Yeah, I really didn't care for the first actress at all either but I really liked the recast one. Still never liked the idea of JR and Marissa as a couple though and even though I know Marissa's feelings were genuine, it always kinda felt like she was trying to move in and take Babe's place.

#10   2013/07/18 05:31AM
    flanndreams

Exactly. Glad I wasn't the only one to feel that way.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list