List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Fan Fiction #16 (The Ted Barnett Story) by Patti G

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Fan Fiction #16 (The Ted Barnett Story) by Patti G

Started by PBNGJNG at 2013/07/12 03:58PM
    Latest post: 2013/07/12 03:58PM, Views: 147, Replies: 0
    page:
    #1   2013/07/12 03:58PM
    Fan Fiction #16 (The Ted Barnett Story) by Patti G
    PBNGJNG

FAN FICTION #16

Scene 1:

Angie is seated on the sofa when she hears the front door open and in walks Jesse, David and a man she has never met before.

“Jesse?” “David?” “What is going on?” Angie asks.

“Angie I want you to meet Ted Barnett” says Jesse. “We need to sit down and talk to you about something important.”

“Jesse you’re scaring me,” says Angie.

“It’s going to be okay” Jesse tells her.

All of them sit down on the sofa. “Angie there is no easy way to tell you this,” says Jesse. “I want you to know that I just found out about this myself.”

Ted Barnett finally breaks the silence. “Angie my name now is Ted Barnett, but years ago, I was known as Ted Baxter, your brother.”

Angie gasps! “What are you saying?” Angie says. “My brother disappeared years ago, my family has not heard from him in years. How do I know that you are really my brother?”

Ted tells Angie about an incident that took place one Christmas. “The last Christmas we spent together, you were 15 years old, and I bought you a pair of earrings you had admired at Lacy’s.”

Angie knows that he is telling the truth and only her brother would know something like that.

“I can’t believe it is you,” Angie says to Ted. “Where have you been all these years?” “Why did you leave with no explanation?”

Ted tells Angie he has told the whole story to David and Jesse and now it is time to tell her.

“I was 17 years old and as you remember I was not getting along very well at school or at home, especially with Dad. One night I followed him when he left the house and discovered the illegal business he was in. I did not confront him at the time. I wasn’t sure even what to do. I did not want to put you or Mom in any danger. I decided that I would take some time to think about what to do. Unfortunately fate stepped in and made the decision for me. I was out one night with some friends from school hanging out by PV High. We were drinking beers and smoking some pot when all of a sudden the police pulled up and we were arrested. When we got down to the station, I was put in a room by myself and two detectives came in. They told me that me that I had enough pot on me to bring some serious charges. That they were going to call my parents and have them come down to the station and explain to them that I was being arrested and probably would do some time. I asked the two detectives if I had some information about other illegal activity, would they trade that information for letting me go? The detectives said depending on what I gave them they might speak to the DA and drop the charges against me. I told them that the information I had was about my Dad and if I gave them this information I was not going to be able to go home, as my life would be in danger either from my Dad or the people he was involved with. The detectives told me that if the information were worth it they would protect me. So I told them all about Dad’s (Les Baxter) illegal activity. They had been hearing rumors about a baby-selling ring operating in Pine Valley but had no other information. The detectives told me they would hide me away in a safe house until they had this whole mess sorted out. Once they had a lead on Dad and knew I was telling the truth they put me in Witness Protection. I had no choice, I Ted Baxter instantly ceased to exist and Ted Barnett was “born”. I spent all these years under this assumed name and built a new life for myself.

Angie can’t believe what this man, her brother is telling her. “Why after Dad was killed you didn’t come back to us?” Angie asks him.

“I couldn’t come home, Angie. There were still too many people that might be around who would want me dead. They might have even hurt you or Mom and I could not bear that to have happen.” Ted tells Angie.

“Okay, I can understand that, but then why have you returned now? And why is David here? What does he have to do with any of this?” Angie asks.

It is now David’s turn to speak. He tells Angie that her brother originally came to him as a prospective investor in his clinic. However, he finally told David the true reason he sought David out. David tells Angie that her brother is ill and that he David might be his only hope to survive. However, it is possible that she also might be ill and He told he brother that he would not attempt to treat him unless he came clean with you.

To be continued…….

To read Episodes 1-15, scroll back through message board.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list