List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: TOLN cuts back AMC and OLTL weekly episodes

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

TOLN cuts back AMC and OLTL weekly episodes

Started by Amy Mistretta at 2013/05/16 10:56AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/23 10:52AM, Views: 755, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2013/05/16 10:56AM
    TOLN cuts back AMC and OLTL weekly episodes
    Amy Mistretta

Details in our Latest News Room:

http://soaps.sheknow...0191/

#2   2013/05/16 11:59AM
    Re: TOLN cuts back AMC and OLTL weekly episodes
    Embin

I just read that and its bullsht! I hate that the shows are only half hours now and now I have to deal with fewer epoisodes?! They are doing this to KEEP VIEWERS? This is how they are going to LOOSE them!

#3   2013/05/16 01:15PM
    AMCfanforlife

I am very disappointed. I watched all of the AMC one hour episodes 5 days a week on T.V. I was thrilled to have AMC back again, even if it was online. I was hoping that it would go back to 1 hours episodes 5 days a week. Just two 20 minute episodes a week will not be enough. The story lines will surely have to move faster as the one with Cassandra and the Russian mob is really dragging along already. I hope that you will reverse your decision and go back to 5 days a week. I do not watch the Friday wrap up show as it is just review anyway.

#4   2013/05/20 10:29AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

I am happy to have AMC and OLTL back but I am glad that PP is cutting back to 2 new shows per week. I am one of those viewers that has to "binge" view the epsiodes and it is exhausting. Besides, since they taped/are taping 100 episodes per season, the series will run for 50 weeks now instead of 25. I would rather have the show run for more weeks with fewer weekly episodes than for fewer weeks with a several month hiatus in between seasons.

#5   2013/05/23 10:52AM
    Sandeedee

I really think that Prospect Park did not really care about long-time viewers like myself who have been watching just about since the original AMC began when they started this new version. I think they are trying to capture a new younger audience...if that, (demographic to whom they pitch ads, etc.) and they are doing a lame job.
    For one thing, I signed up not once but twice to be on the mailing list for them to tell me when or if the soap will be coming online, and they never sent me a thing. I found out on my own. How many others are not even aware that the show is back on? Yes, we do own computers...I do and many do today, and we will watch if they have the soaps on. I watched only AMC and started watching them again, only for a big letdown. Ideally if it aired on the soap network it would be easier to watch for many...if it can last.
    I cannot see how stars will work for so few hours and most likely so little pay, and all PP will attract are the young new actors that we do not know or recognize as who they are supposed to be.... I think half-hour soaps without so many commercials would be fine if daily, and the actors will go for it more. Some may be out of work or want part-time acting, but I can see them all opting out if they don't have contracts of any length. Prospect Park is not trying hard enough, and I don't think they really care...too bad...I was so happy to see some of the best and my favorites on the show...with the hope of others coming back...just a dream it seems now.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list