List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: 3 weeks in... & now Prospect Park is SCREWING US!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

3 weeks in... & now Prospect Park is SCREWING US!!

Started by ABombbmoBA at 2013/05/16 10:54AM
    Latest post: 2013/05/20 10:25AM, Views: 716, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2013/05/16 10:54AM
    3 weeks in... & now Prospect Park is SCREWING US!!
    ABombbmoBA

All My Children and One Life to Live dropping to 2 episodes per week!

AMC on Monday & Wednesday

OLTL on Tuesday & Thursday

The reasoning? They say it's because people are watching one show or the other and not both.

Lame. I didn't care about OLTL when it was on ABC, why should I care now? So... because of that, as an AMC only fan, I am to be punished?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/16 01:34PM
    #2   2013/05/16 01:17PM
    Re: 3 weeks in... & now Prospect Park is SCREWING US!!
    AMCfanforlife

Well, the thrill did not last long. Their 20 minute something show 4 times a week was really only about an hour a week total when you get past the commercials. Now, we are going to be down to 30 minutes a week! Ridiculous!

#3   2013/05/16 02:15PM
    Embin

I know, I didnt watch OLTL either! I have watched AMC for over 20 years, so I get screwed. I love that letter "the show is doing so well that we are cutting back hours"

Who can we officially complain to?

#4   2013/05/16 04:09PM
    Dangerous Be...

I do not think they understand that the soaps are a different sort of viewing experience than the rest of the shows. Based on their statement: "we personally wish there were more episodes of our favorite shows; we would love 50 episodes a year of 'Homeland,' 'Mad Men' or 'The Simpsons' " For one thing those are high budget shows based on an entirely different viewer base. You couldn't even draw 50 episodes of The Simpsons a year. Sigh. I appreciate P.P trying but......

Hopefully they will go back to more shows if the viewer count rises.

#5   2013/05/17 03:43PM
    let47

This made me so angry when I read it. I do watch both shows and if I didn't,who cares. Fans have waited a year and a half to get these shows back and this is the reward we get. The article said fans were spending an excessive amount of time watching the shows. I think that is bull since you can watcha as much or as little as you would like. I think prospect park is cutting costs and using us as escape goats not to make as many show. Very disappointing.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/05/17 03:45PM
    #6   2013/05/17 04:42PM
    Busiacarol

I never watched OLTL either. I watched AMC from day one, and that is what I am interested in. I have a problem with the way iTunes is sending me notices about downloads. I get some episodes twice and some not at all.
    I wish we had more AMC. Four half-hour episodes is already minimal. Two a week? Why bother?

#7   2013/05/20 10:25AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

I am happy to have AMC and OLTL back but I am glad that PP is cutting back to 2 new shows per week. I am one of those viewers that has to "binge" view the epsiodes and it is exhausting. Besides, since they taped/are taping 100 episodes per season, the series will run for 50 weeks now instead of 25. I would rather have the show run for more weeks with fewer weekly episodes than for fewer weeks with a several month hiatus in between seasons.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list