List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Prospect Park confirms AMC and OLTL return.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Prospect Park confirms AMC and OLTL return.

Started by lwilson at 2012/12/17 02:16PM
    Latest post: 2013/02/08 02:46AM, Views: 1212, Replies: 11
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2012/12/17 02:16PM
    Prospect Park still interested in AMC/OLTL?
    lwilson

There could still be hope.

http://soaps.sheknow...0191/

#2   2012/12/17 07:56PM
    Re: Prospect Park still interested in AMC/OLTL?
    Axl Rose

From your lips to God's ears

#3   2012/12/18 06:45AM
    Axl Rose

There are too many unanswered questions before I can get excited about this. IF I can even get excited.

1.) Prospect Park's deal over AMC's rights expired in September and ABC refused to renew it and their hold on OLTL is up in a month.

2.) It's been a year since AMC/OLTL were on the screen. Actors have moved on, fans have moved on. It wouldn't have been too hard to continue immediately following the finales, but now, it would be extremely hard since they would either have to time jump OR recast 75% of the canvas.

3.) The GH/OLTL (best described as combination) has left it hard to just "continue" OLTL. You can't pick up from the finale we already know bits and pieces of what's happened since then. A time jump would have to occur.

4.) The only writing "pair" that are currently penning a daytime drama that PP would be interested in would be Ron and Frank and I highly doubt they'd take the obvious pay cut to leave their (almost number one daytime soap) to go to a online soap which frankly, wont last more than a year. Even if they WERE interested and they left GH, GH would follow OLTL/AMC to cancelation by 2014.

Deadline is a credible source, however they do their fair share of spinning just to get page hits. Although I've now seen this on TV Guide and TVByTheNumbers as well, so it's being talked about, but honestly I just dont see it working out logistically.

If it does happen I fear that it'd be more like AMC 2.0 or OLTL 2.0 due to the actors moving on. I mean the entire OLTL staff knows that if they wait long enough Ron/Frank will spin them a story on GH which is on TELEVISION rather than a low-paying gig on a web soap.

As fans of the saop, do we WANT this to happen?

#4   2012/12/28 02:11PM
    MissChef

Vincent Irazarry is on my Facebook page, and according to him (or whoever posted on his behalf) PP will REBOOT AMC, and he will continue with his role as David Hayward. Also, he says he met up with the rest of the cast and spoke about how great it was to "see everyone again." So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

#5   2012/12/28 05:52PM
    rainhue

Quote MissChef: Vincent Irazarry is on my Facebook page, and according to him (or whoever posted on his behalf) PP will REBOOT AMC, and he will continue with his role as David Hayward. Also, he says he met up with the rest of the cast and spoke about how great it was to "see everyone again." So I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Sure sounds like a "go" to me!! I hope most of the cast join also.

#6   2012/12/28 09:10PM
    DebbieL

I also read that Lindsay Hartley tweeted she had signed and Prospect Park is talking to Susan Lucci!!! If you hear of any others that are signing let us be the first to know...

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2012/12/28 09:12PM
    #7   2013/01/04 10:24PM
    MissChef

It's official!

Agnes Nixon CONFIRMS that AMC & OLTL will be brought back! She didn't say when, but they are on their way back! Thank God!!!!

#8   2013/01/08 12:20PM
    Chrissi

We've got ya covered. We've been in close talks with PP and they're sending us the news before the fans hear so we'll update this piece consistently as we've been doing.

http://soaps.sheknow...0191/

Remember, we still do the AMC digests once per week as well and we'll be posting summaries once the show returns. Please use this thread for updates!

#9   2013/01/08 01:45PM
    Re: Prospect Park confirms AMC and OLTL return.
    nas1021

I am so happy that the soaps are coming back i cant wait till the show starts i wonder if there gonna pick up were they ended or how its gonna work i did read online that it might be a 30min. show Mon-Thur and a recap of all on Fri so we shall see either way im on board!! ONE HAPPY GIRL HERE

#10   2013/01/15 06:00PM
    Re: Prospect Park confirms AMC and OLTL return.
    JaimeB32

www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-ryan-gillian-to-new-all-my-children/

To get Ryan and Gillian back to AMC!!!!!

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list