List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: All My Children vs GH

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

All My Children vs GH

Started by ellerymagpie at 2006/10/17 02:30PM
    Latest post: 2006/10/19 07:34AM, Views: 547, Replies: 6
    page:
    #1   2006/10/17 02:30PM
    All My Children vs GH
    ellerymagpie

I understand your frustration with the messages. I am always surprised more viewers are not writing in rage over the writers of AMC. These writers have not stayed true to the characters who have been on for years. Those of us who have been watching since 1970 are furious. This is why so many people write to GH message boards.
    Kids are not relating to the Colby storyline. In fact I would bet they are insulted by the whole depiction of youth right now on AMC. There is not one young person except for Jackson's daughter that is not being shown as a total brat with no brain. Real people do not act like that regardless of who their parents are. These writers are under some delusion that daytime viewers want to watch reruns of Paris Hilton want to be's or Marriages unable to stay happy for more than two days.

General Hospital on the other hand has tried to return to family and core stories. Bringing more Hospital stories and interlocking characters with each other in creative ways. It is still in recovery but at least the occasional adult shows up and gives love and support to their child. People are connecting and reconnecting. Also young people are at school when AMC is on and if they are not allowed to watch soapnet they cannot catch AMC as often. After this past summer, AMC is lucky to be on the air.
    Please respond so I know if there is anyone else who agrees with me on this.

#2   2006/10/17 03:33PM
    Re: All My Children vs GH
    allie_colleg...

i think you responding to my 1st post. i agree. but i like amc. its just gh is so 'i've gotta see.' they have let few characters go BackBurner without notice as to why (exception alan/monica). i admit i spend alot more time being a Lucky/Liz fan than a Zendall fan but thats because i saw months and years of good times for them and zendall happy 3 wks total in 2 yrs.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/10/17 03:34PM
    #3   2006/10/17 04:33PM
    home03

I have been watching soaps since I was a little one. In the past year I have enjoyed GH alot better then AMC. AMC has just gotten to be all about Babe and Kendall's problems.

#4   2006/10/17 05:01PM
    allie_colleg...

kendall doesn't even bother me its:
    ryan
    annie
    babe
    jamie
    erin
    di
    del
    dixie
    tad- in relation to dixie
    jonathan/lily
    amanda- so needy
    ect

#5   2006/10/18 07:38PM
    babygurl2

Quote allie_collegegirl21: kendall doesn't even bother me its:
    ryan
    annie
    babe
    jamie
    erin
    di
    del
    dixie
    tad- in relation to dixie
    jonathan/lily
    amanda- so needy
    ect

J.R.?????????????

#6   2006/10/19 07:28AM
    allie_colleg...

well, i think J.R. could be another Adam, anything at any cost. but he loves his family. I think they'll end up recasting Jamie and then alexa (BABE) will probally leave.

#7   2006/10/19 07:34AM
    hype

i hope not, though....

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2006/10/19 07:36AM
    page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list