List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Soap Opera Weekly

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Soap Opera Weekly

Started by levann at 2012/03/22 03:20PM
    Latest post: 2012/03/26 12:19PM, Views: 3024, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2012/03/22 03:20PM
    Soap Opera Weekly
    levann

The daytime soap opera genre has received another blow. According to sources, Soap Opera Weekly magazine has folded. Founded in November 1989 by News Corp., with Mimi Torchin as the editor-in-chief, the weekly, tabloid-size publication became a sister publication to industry bible Soap Opera Digest, when that publication was also purchased by News Corp. in 1989.

#2   2012/03/24 01:32PM
    Re: Soap Opera Weekly
    hopey pix

I thought something was really wrong!!I am just so sorry to hear this about my favorite magazine!I would make a point of it to grab it and read it every Friday!!Then I couldn't see it for about two weeks now!!God,this is so sad!!A real blow for soaps again!!I can't take hearing all this bad stuff for the soap industry anymore!!Darn it!!

#3   2012/03/25 10:08PM
    MissChef

%( I have a feeling that anything "soap opera" will be disappearing for good within the next 5-10 years. Maybe not even that long.
    Here's an idea...instead of dumb reality shows, why not turn AMC and all other soap operas into once a week dramas such as 'House' or 'Bones' etc.?? Fans would support that I think.

#4   2012/03/26 12:19PM
    levann

Quote MissChef: I have a feeling that anything "soap opera" will be disappearing for good within the next 5-10 years. Maybe not even that long.
    Here's an idea...instead of dumb reality shows, why not turn AMC and all other soap operas into once a week dramas such as 'House' or 'Bones' etc.?? Fans would support that I think.

I agree with you. I think that a once a week format is something they could do well with. I see no reason for them to focus all of their $$$ on soaps aimed at teens on ABC Family.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list