List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: ABC Daytime DISASTER: The Revolution Hits Series L

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

ABC Daytime DISASTER: The Revolution Hits Series L

Started by levann at 2012/03/16 12:47PM
    Latest post: 2012/08/16 09:27PM, Views: 3297, Replies: 4
    page:
    #1   2012/03/16 12:47PM
    ABC Daytime DISASTER: The Revolution Hits Series L
    levann

Cancelling One Life to Live for reality series/lifestyle talk show hybrid The Revolution will go down as one of the most lineup-destroying decisions in television history. While cutting two long-running, ABC Daytime soaps at once hasn't proven quite as destructive for ABC Daytime as Jeff Zucker's move, during the 2009-10 TV season, to replace five hours of scripted programming a week with The Jay Leno Show was for NBC primetime — it's close.

If you don't believe me, just check out the ratings for The Revolution for the week of March 5, 2012. According to TV Media Insights, the national network talk show, which launched with an expensive, lengthy PR and marketing campaign, was only watched by 1.4 million viewers the week in question, hitting a series low. The Revolution was down 40 percent among total viewers than One Life to Live in the timeslot a year earlier. Among the most coveted women 18-49 demo, it was down 44 percent from OLTL; 50 percent among W18-34.

The Revolution's lineup mate, The Chew came in at 2.23 million total viewers, which was off AMC's numbers year-to-date by just 4 percent. The Chew matched AMC among W18-49 from the same time period one year ago and improved on the soap opera's W18-34 numbers by 25 percent .

Said veteran TV analyst Marc Berman:

The Chew is livable; The Revolution is a disaster.

In other network talk ratings news, The View was watched by 3.6 million total viewers; while CBS Daytime's The Talk had 2.15 million viewers tuning in.

#2   2012/03/24 04:39AM
    Re: ABC Daytime DISASTER: The Revolution Hits Series L
    pink kiity

I feel the sameway when they ax guiding light and as the world turns and replace them with the talk and a dumb game show lets make a deal which i wont watch because they ax ours soaps for this,

#3   2012/03/24 01:38PM
    hopey pix

ITA!!CBS just replace ATWT AND GL with Talk and re-hashed games show junk!!Phew!!It stinks!!Where will it all end!!I don't want another soap opera or magazine to fail at all!!It's just devastating!!

#4   2012/03/24 08:01PM
    Jo Ann Zinaman

Quote levann: Cancelling One Life to Live for reality series/lifestyle talk show hybrid The Revolution will go down as one of the most lineup-destroying decisions in television history. While cutting two long-running, ABC Daytime soaps at once hasn't proven quite as destructive for ABC Daytime as Jeff Zucker's move, during the 2009-10 TV season, to replace five hours of scripted programming a week with The Jay Leno Show was for NBC primetime — it's close.

If you don't believe me, just check out the ratings for The Revolution for the week of March 5, 2012. According to TV Media Insights, the national network talk show, which launched with an expensive, lengthy PR and marketing campaign, was only watched by 1.4 million viewers the week in question, hitting a series low. The Revolution was down 40 percent among total viewers than One Life to Live in the timeslot a year earlier. Among the most coveted women 18-49 demo, it was down 44 percent from OLTL; 50 percent among W18-34.

The Revolution's lineup mate, The Chew came in at 2.23 million total viewers, which was off AMC's numbers year-to-date by just 4 percent. The Chew matched AMC among W18-49 from the same time period one year ago and improved on the soap opera's W18-34 numbers by 25 percent .

Said veteran TV analyst Marc Berman:

The Chew is livable; The Revolution is a disaster.

In other network talk ratings news, The View was watched by 3.6 million total viewers; while CBS Daytime's The Talk had 2.15 million viewers tuning in.

Hey Levann. I think that I Read That The Revolution was 1.3 Million Viewers. We will Learn in April whether The Revolution OR General Hospital OR A Different Talk Show will be at 1 PM Central Time on ABC. Jody

#5   2012/08/16 09:27PM
    bethis

bring the soaps back would want to watch another darn cooking show america's fat enough

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list