List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: 16 and ( 6 mos until) 30: Levin(Lily) and Jeff(Jonathan)

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

16 and ( 6 mos until) 30: Levin(Lily) and Jeff(Jonathan)

Started by hype at 2006/09/19 05:57PM
    Latest post: 2006/10/05 12:44PM, Views: 643, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2006/09/19 05:57PM
    16 and ( 6 mos until) 30: Levin(Lily) and Jeff(Jonathan)
    hype

lose this storyline..... bring back sam, he had issues but they had chemistry without the jailbait issues.
    its no secret levin didn't like the storyline, jeff is even accused of berating their romance once.

#2   2006/09/21 08:22AM
    Re: 16 and ( 6 mos until) 30: Levin(Lily) and Jeff(Jonathan)
    allie_colleg...

well, i agree. its just wrong for her to be acting "married" to him, i mean are the writers going to string us along 2 yrs, or are they going to have her doing these scenes where they get more comfortable with each other? i mean when they kiss it'd be almost illegal.

#3   2006/09/21 12:15PM
    allie_colleg...

what did he say anyway?

#4   2006/09/21 12:42PM
    CHScott

Quote hype: lose this storyline..... bring back sam, he had issues but they had chemistry without the jailbait issues.
    its no secret levin didn't like the storyline, jeff is even accused of berating their romance once.

I wholeheartedly agree...I've posted multiple times on this message board asking why the writers at AMC think that we would be at all interested in a story featuring a grown man faking a mental illness to be "pretend married" to a child (I don't care if they do age Levin, she's still 16). Not to mention they have now twice done a story cycle featuring a pedophile trying to hurt Lily... No wonder the ratings for AMC are in the tank (AMC is at the moment third behind OLTL and GH and way behind most of the other soaps in the current ratings).

Lily needs to be 16 on the show (impossible now i suppose) and in high school facing problems every high school teen faces albeit amphified due to her autism. She could really brighten up and make us care about the current pretty awful Colby storyline.

Personally, I like Branson as an actor. Maybe his supposed "antics" toward Levin stem from his frustration with the very storyline he's in. You cannot take back the past, but AMC should never have made him as bad as he was and then try to redeem him with a lame as hell brain tumor reason.

Just my opinion.. let me know yours and..

Peace out

Cary

#5   2006/09/21 12:55PM
    allie_colleg...

Quote CHScott:
    Quote hype: lose this storyline..... bring back sam, he had issues but they had chemistry without the jailbait issues.

I wholeheartedly agree...I've posted multiple times on this message board asking why the writers at AMC think that we would be at all interested in a story featuring a grown man faking a mental illness to be "pretend married" to a child (I don't care if they do age Levin, she's still 16). Not to mention they have now twice done a story cycle featuring a pedophile trying to hurt Lily... No wonder the ratings for AMC are in the tank (AMC is at the moment third behind OLTL and GH and way behind most of the other soaps in the current ratings).

Lily needs to be 16 on the show (impossible now i suppose) and in high school facing problems every high school teen faces albeit amphified due to her autism. She could really brighten up and make us care about the current pretty awful Colby storyline.

Personally, I like Branson as an actor. Maybe his supposed "antics" toward Levin stem from his frustration with the very storyline he's in. You cannot take back the past, but AMC should never have made him as bad as he was and then try to redeem him with a lame as hell brain tumor reason.

Just my opinion.. let me know yours and..

Peace out

Cary

Your so right, lily had the chance to be a beacon for all that ASD can be. and not just ASD but many things making people different, great post.
    sincerly,
    allie

#6   2006/10/03 07:18AM
    allie_colleg...

btw, now that johnathon is 'hooking up' with an adult am happier with amc. i think i could like him with amanda.

#7   2006/10/03 01:03PM
    Chrissi

Quote CHScott:
    I wholeheartedly agree...I've posted multiple times on this message board asking why the writers at AMC think that we would be at all interested in a story featuring a grown man faking a mental illness to be "pretend married" to a child (I don't care if they do age Levin, she's still 16). Not to mention they have now twice done a story cycle featuring a pedophile trying to hurt Lily... No wonder the ratings for AMC are in the tank (AMC is at the moment third behind OLTL and GH and way behind most of the other soaps in the current ratings)....

Cary

Hi Cary, just so that you know, Soaps.com cannot help what the writers are doing. We just write the updates and give the scoop. I am not sure if you knew that or not. Anyone is welcome to write to the show to tell them their thoughts though. The addresses are in the FAQ section!

Thanks for posting guys!

#8   2006/10/03 01:50PM
    allie_colleg...

It isn't working... i and many people i know online call once every day (after every show). i get free LD phone service. with the exception of lily's SL they took very little advice from fans. and now they are Hiding her. like lily isn't important anymore. i hate ABC sometimes. lily doesn;t have to be married or dating or abused for a story, life as an 18yr-old does that just fine!!!

#9   2006/10/04 06:45PM
    Mshoney

This may be wrong, but I found humor in the Lily/Jonathan match up. They were hilarious to me, although most of the time I ffwd through their scenes.

I agree that the brain tumor/bad jonathan, no tumor/ good johnathan was a terrible story line! Ha!

#10   2006/10/05 12:44PM
    CHScott

Hi Cary, just so that you know, Soaps.com cannot help what the writers are doing. We just write the updates and give the scoop. I am not sure if you knew that or not. Anyone is welcome to write to the show to tell them their thoughts though. The addresses are in the FAQ section!

Thanks for posting guys![/quote]

Hi Chrissi

Thanks for your response. I am certainly aware that Soaps.com are not responsible for what the AMC writers do (which is kinda to bad lol) and I certainly apologize for the ranting about the Lily/Jonathan storyline. I do often email the ABC soaps directly with how I feel but as Allie pointed out you don't get much feedback from them which is understandable for the most part because I'm sure they get thousands a week with praises and constructive criticism. Therefore I post on these boards too because you really get instant feedback and get some very good views on what we like and don't care for and I really enjoy reading both points of view

I feel very strongly about AMC. I have been watching since Grandma Kate was still alive and Tad and Erika were both about 16 (I think...lol) Personally I find AMC pretty much unwatchable these days but I'm not gonna give up on watching it. Shows or certain storylines in shows are usually unwatchable because of bad acting or bad writing and AMC has a treasure trove of great actors so I can only summize that it is the bad writing which in my opinion anyway is the cause of the show being so poor of late.

Whew!

Once again, as always thanks for listening and let me know your opinion and...

Peace

Cary

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list