List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: 40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Started by ronel at 2010/01/06 09:33AM
    Latest post: 2013/03/11 06:10PM, Views: 2064, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2010/01/06 04:00PM
    Re: 40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!
    tross415

IDK....I thought it was a pretty good anniversary special. The best episode that Pratt has ever written IMO. They kinda left it open for old characters to come back. Especially Brooke when she said, someone should warn Erica if she does..LOL. I understand because we have suffering with stupid S/L's and dumb people because of Pratt and that's why we feel we should have had more. But hey. But at least we got to see some characters that we've been wanting to see right. Maybe with the new writer we will get more of them.

#12   2010/01/06 05:20PM
    TraumaDoc

This show sucks ! I tune in to see a train wreck !!!

#13   2010/01/06 06:03PM
    smiley one

Biggest waste of 60 mins. since we had to watch who killed Stuart! Where in the world and what is Julie Carruthers doing while all this is going on??? FIRE HER!

#14   2010/01/06 06:33PM
    byandbuy

what a snooze-fest!! OMG. I tried to watch it but could not finish, I went to bed bored to death. Why bother, this show is doomed.

#15   2010/01/06 08:28PM
    AMClifer

With all the hype they did for this show, it was terrible. I posted on 40 Anniversay-Lame. Should have been more of a documentary with lots and lots of shots from the post 40 years. Using the theme of Pine Valley best city was lame. It would have been great to see the all the characters over the past 40 years. Oh well, we can only hope it will get better this year with the move to LA.

#16   2010/01/07 06:14AM
    retired fan

%( I was soooooooooo disappointed. I have watched this program for the entire 40 years. I was so excited that I was going to watch this with my husband (he has only watched the last 5 years) I was going to share all of my knowledge of all the characters. He was NOT impressed. Oh well What was I thinking, Pratt is still the head writer and they will never again have the chance to do a 40 year anniversary show

#17   2010/01/07 10:15AM
    Johanna

Boy do I agree that the anniversary "show" was a huge disappointment!! I wanted to see interaction and some connection to the story line.. more like when Haley walked in on Adam and showed her displeasure with Annie. Instead the show was .... heck, I don't know what it was. I know it wasn't interesting.

#18   2010/01/07 04:35PM
    AJErickson01

I wanted to see old clips...funny and sad ones. Oh well...guess I'll have to wait another 10 years!! If the show can make it that long.

#19   2010/01/07 11:41PM
    deborah a.

Quote TraumaDoc: This show sucks ! I tune in to see a train wreck !!!

This is the best soap ever! I have watched this show for the last 40 years. People come and go,just like any other soap. I enjoyed the 40th anniversary special. I will miss Zach and Kendal. Love Liza and Tad. Can't wait to see where this goes.

#20   2010/01/08 02:37AM
    Jo Ann Zinaman

Quote LovesMike33:
    Quote MissChef: What??? How can you say that?? You must be crazy!!

Just kidding....

I AGREE with everything you said. I thought I was in for a "treat" too. Writers could have kept this mess. I was expecting it to be like they did One Life To Live. I don't watch OLTL, but I did back in the 80's, and I remember a lot of the characters. The 40th anniversary OLTL had was excellent. Unlike AMC. It was thrown together really sloppy. Huge disappointment.

That was all thanks to Charles Pratt. I noticed him today in the credits as head writer still. And yes it was very disapointing in my opinion. Why did they even bother to bring in poor Palmer and Nina? They weren't EVEN worth a Minute of the show. Very sad.

I don't Agree with you about Palmer and Nina weren't even worth A Minute of the Anniversary Show. Palmer had A Funny One Liner about Adam. Nina said that Father brought me to Pine Valley just like when she was on the Show. We saw Cliff and Nina's First Wedding. Jody

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list