List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: 40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!

Started by ronel at 2010/01/06 09:33AM
    Latest post: 2013/03/11 06:10PM, Views: 2148, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2010/01/06 09:33AM
    40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!
    ronel

With all the hype about bringing back Brooke, Palmer, Nina, Greg, Maria....no interaction with any story line. About a minute of each character. That show was such a disappointment!!! Stupid Stupid Stupid

#2   2010/01/06 10:23AM
    Re: 40th Anniversary Special SUCKED!!!
    MissChef

What??? How can you say that?? You must be crazy!!

Just kidding....

I AGREE with everything you said. I thought I was in for a "treat" too. Writers could have kept this mess. I was expecting it to be like they did One Life To Live. I don't watch OLTL, but I did back in the 80's, and I remember a lot of the characters. The 40th anniversary OLTL had was excellent. Unlike AMC. It was thrown together really sloppy. Huge disappointment.

#3   2010/01/06 01:39PM
    TexasSoapFan13

ITA with you both. They should have had it be a big New Years party or ball, (what ever happened to the Crystal Ball they used to have every year?) with the old actors interacting with the present ones, drama and all. This was just a bunch of Talking Heads! At least show some longer clips from all through the years, instead of a few stills flashed on the screen for a second each.

#4   2010/01/06 02:15PM
    LovesMike33

Quote MissChef: What??? How can you say that?? You must be crazy!!

Just kidding....

I AGREE with everything you said. I thought I was in for a "treat" too. Writers could have kept this mess. I was expecting it to be like they did One Life To Live. I don't watch OLTL, but I did back in the 80's, and I remember a lot of the characters. The 40th anniversary OLTL had was excellent. Unlike AMC. It was thrown together really sloppy. Huge disappointment.

That was all thanks to Charles Pratt. I noticed him today in the credits as head writer still. And yes it was very disapointing in my opinion. Why did they even bother to bring in poor Palmer and Nina? They weren't EVEN worth a Minute of the show. Very sad.

#5   2010/01/06 02:43PM
    MissChef

Yeah, I was very disappointed...

Also, the clips of Stuart that they showed were the same clips they put together during his funeral. When they are at his funeral singing, "He's Got High Hopes," you see old flashbacks, etc. It was the SAME chain of flashbacks shown yesterday.

#6   2010/01/06 02:48PM
    ronel

And what's up with Greg Nelson and the 'stache.....

#7   2010/01/06 02:50PM
    MissChef

Quote ronel: And what's up with Greg Nelson and the 'stache.....

LOL Yeah, it didn't fit him at all.

#8   2010/01/06 03:10PM
    ronel

When I saw him appearing in the promo's leading up to it, I didn't know who it was. It doesn't suit him.

#9   2010/01/06 03:28PM
    MissChef

Also, we saw MORE of the current characters than old ones! I wanted to see characters whom we haven't seen in ages.

Gloria Marsh-Chandler
    Lucas Barnes
    Derrick and Mimi Frye
    Tom and Lidia Cuddahy
    Dimitri Merrick and his son Anton (who was married to Kendall back in the 90s)

This would have been a nice touch.

#10   2010/01/06 03:56PM
    levann

I wish I had seen more from the first 20 years but I do like the way they approached it via a series of interviews. I thought time was wasted on Annie, Krystal, Marissa, Ode to Babe the bimbo, Brot, Natalia and I did not need to hear Randi speak. I also think that Mimo and not the baby of betrayal should have been featured. But I can’t say it “sucked”. I just think that too much time was spent with folks who really haven’t been there that long (including Zach).

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list