List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

All My Children - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: All My Children Forum :: Emma's Hair after Brain Surgery

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Emma's Hair after Brain Surgery

Started by debwings at 2009/10/15 10:30AM
    Latest post: 2009/10/15 08:12PM, Views: 1020, Replies: 3
    page:
    #1   2009/10/15 10:30AM
    Emma's Hair after Brain Surgery
    debwings

I noticed on other posts that some people were questioning Emma's full head of hair after brain surgery and some comments about the size/location of the bandage. FYI, as the mom of a 10 year-old boy who recently had brain surgery on his right frontal lobe at Children's Hospital in Washington, DC, they didn't even shave his head, much less put a bandage on afterwards! I was shocked! If I comb his hair well, you can't tell that he had surgery, but if it gets messed up, you can see a "part" in some of the hair on the side. Now that I have been through this experience, the "unbelievable" part to me about looking at Emma is that they put a bandage on her head!

#2   2009/10/15 11:54AM
    Re: Emma's Hair after Brain Surgery
    MRS GEH

Quote debwings: I noticed on other posts that some people were questioning Emma's full head of hair after brain surgery and some comments about the size/location of the bandage. FYI, as the mom of a 10 year-old boy who recently had brain surgery on his right frontal lobe at Children's Hospital in Washington, DC, they didn't even shave his head, much less put a bandage on afterwards! I was shocked! If I comb his hair well, you can't tell that he had surgery, but if it gets messed up, you can see a "part" in some of the hair on the side. Now that I have been through this experience, the "unbelievable" part to me about looking at Emma is that they put a bandage on her head!

debwings,

Thanks for sharing and I hope your son is feeling well and on his way to a quick recovery.

#3   2009/10/15 03:02PM
    jennistars

I was thinking the same thing about her hair. I am glad that you set that straight. See they do get some things right. I hope your son has a speedy and complete recovery.
    Maybe the bandage on Emma's head was from a cut she got when she hit her head at the bottom of the stairs. My mother fell last week and got a concussion. Fortunately there was no cut but the bruise and goose egg were huge. Also fortunate is that her's was only a concussiona did not turn into a subdural hematoma which may be what Emma had. I don't remember, is that what she had? Anyway, Mom, 84, is doing great! Again, thanks for the information.

#4   2009/10/15 08:12PM
    MissChef

Debwings,

Glad to hear your son is doing well,

Now, it depends on what type of surgery was done. My mom had a brain tumor removed, and a small patch of her hair was shaved and bandaged. She's still bald there. Now, SUPPOSEDLY, Emma had something going on with her skull??? I think they would have to cut deeper. (I'm just guessing)

Maybe it's just a case of, "different strokes for different folks." Plus, these soaps don't do much research anyway. At least WE can say for certain how our loved ones surgery went and that they're alive...hair or not. Thank God!

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list